Betfair on the Move/Rakeback

Burnley Joe

Hurray, i hate their software Betfair Poker to join Ongame Network betfair_logo.jpg Monday, 12 July 2010 There had been a number of rumours swirling around the internet poker world in recent weeks that Betfair Poker was going to move from a standalone site to a poker network. Those rumours have been confirmed with the news that the site will be moving to the Ongame Network later this month. A statement released this morning confirmed that Betfair Poker will operate on Ongame's Network P5 Poker Engine and 'will offer its players an enhanced gaming environment, suitable for any poker wallet, with the liquidity to energize cash games and tournaments'. “This move is a conscious effort to place our poker players at the forefront of our product offering. Betfair Poker players will have access to more games, at all times of the day. Both companies are dedicated to the long term improvement to player experience. We look forward to a long and successful partnership with Ongame Network.” said Daniel Svard, Head of Betfair Poker. “Betfair is the ideal kind of long-term partner for Ongame Network: a respected gaming brand and technically mature,” said Martin Lerby, Head of Ongame Network. “In our competitive industry, we welcome the player liquidity and poker knowledge that Betfair brings to our network.”

Re: Betfair on the Move

banner.jpg
lhs_top.jpgUsername: joeygera1 Dear Joe, Betfair Poker has announced that it will be upgrading to >Betfair Poker 2 this summer. This upgrade will enable us to offer you more tournaments, more liquidity, bigger prize pools, a larger game selection and much more. The upgrade will keep Betfair Poker on the cutting edge of online poker, offering all of its users the ultimate poker experience. More importantly we wanted to reassure you that these changes will not affect your relationship with Betfair Poker, nor will it change the ongoing rakeback deal you have with us.rhs_top.jpg
divider.jpg
lhs.jpgKey features of Betfair Poker 2: • Enhanced client software • Larger player pool • Bigger prize pools - $13 million in guaranteed tournaments every month • New games – including Omaha hi/lo, 7-Card Stud and 5-Card Draw • Mac compatible download clientrhs.jpg
divider.jpg
lhs.jpg$500,000 BETFAIR POKER 2 LAUNCH PARTY
box_l.jpgbox_m.jpgbox_r.jpg
For now you need to do nothing; your software will automatically upgrade to Betfair Poker 2. For more information about Betfair Poker 2, click here The Betfair Poker Team

Re: Betfair on the Move They must have good reason, but they now become just another fish in a big pool. I enjoyed the Betfair software and already have umpteen OnGame accounts what are thye going to offer to make sure people use Betfair above Bwin, Redkings etc Presumably the maintenance, Customer Service and general running etc of there own site is becoming less profitable - think they had the big push last over the last 2 years with the WSOPE sponsor among other things and its just not taken off - so they've cut their losses and become just another OnGame skin :sad:sad

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Betfair on the Move The ongame network is busy :loon "PokerStars has been the giant of the online poker world ever since taking this position from Party Poker a few years ago. However, they might have to take a step back down on the poker room food chain following Party Poker’s recent merger. Party Poker’s parent company – PartyGaming – recently agreed to a merger with the Austrian gambling site Bwin that will take place in 2011. The two companies finally agreed to terms on the merger this week, and Bwin will get 51.4% of the company while internet poker giant Party Poker will have a 48.36% stake in the company. What’s most interesting about this merger is that the two companies will pull both their gambling and poker software resources together. Party Poker is the third largest online poker room in the world while Bwin also has a pretty large poker site. Together, the two sites could potentially become the biggest force in poker. More importantly, both poker sites might offer even better online poker deals than before! Party Poker has a huge Million Dollar Guaranteed poker tournament while Bwin gives players the chance to participate in lots of freerolls and special sit and go tournaments. Party Poker CEO Jim Ryan commented on the big merger by saying, “This is a transformational opportunity for both our companies to create the world’s largest listed online gaming business. The Enlarged Group will have a winning formula to exploit the growing online gaming market, supported by a strong balance sheet, significant cash flow generation and a highly experienced management team.”

• 1 month later...

Will Betfair still give Rakeback? I know Ongame pokerrooms don't give rakeback' date=' so I wonder...[/quote'] Anyone else getting rakeback? I didn't get it before and didn't do anything to set it up after the transfer, but have had 2 emails telling me I've been paid, which I ignored assuming it was a mass mailing. However just checked my account tonight and I've had 2 lots paid in. I've only played the PL games there so it's pennies (2.5% as far as I can see) but still :D

Anyone else getting rakeback? I didn't get it before and didn't do anything to set it up after the transfer' date=' but have had 2 emails telling me I've been paid, which I ignored assuming it was a mass mailing. However just checked my account tonight and I've had 2 lots paid in. I've only played the PL games there so it's pennies (2.5% as far as I can see) but still :D[/quote'] Well i didnt get get jack shit. Considering I have turned over a 100k at betfair I am hardly suprised:eyes