Golf: 2010 Open Championship

well the most eagerly anticipated golfing event (except for the Ryder Cup) is nearly upon us again, and i will be lloking to follow up my win with Stewart Cink (at 125-1) last year with another good week i'm not the biggest golfing fan but enjoy a bet on it and like the rest of you want to give the bookies a real bloody nose come next sunday tea time. i will start with four outrights IAN POULTER 28/1 this is a very tasty price Poults has a good open record and should have won a few years back when he played an amazing final round only to lose out to Harrington, i am a great believer in horses for courses when it comes to golf, links play is suited to certain players more than others, and this definately suits Ian, on his day his putting is the best and on links greens this will be vital, he is coming of age in majors and has to be close to winning one very soon and i can't see why it can't be at the Old Course. last time tied 11th. DARREN CLARKE again a decent open record and the big irishman always seems to play well around this time of the year (the Scottish open and the Open ) he regularly sees himself in the mix for both events. while we have to worry about his recent poor form, his body language is looking far better and he knows his way around a links having been brought up in Ireland, i think Darren is a worthwhile EW bet for next weekend and a more popular winner ther could'nt be last time at St Andrews he was tied 15th. TIM CLARK 50/1. i am agreat fan of Timmy always have been and he has been close to majors on previous occassions (us open in particluar) he has the game hits the ball low, a great attribute for links golf and he surely has to be a serious contender if the wind gets up.i just think that 50s is a geat price and i'm on that EW his finish last time at St Andrews was 23rd. SCOTT VERPLANK 100/1 now i'm not a great expert on scott but i do know that he always seems to feature on leaderboards on the last day of majors he is vastly experienced and i reckon that 100/1 should not put anyone off (remeber Cink was 125s!) last time round the old course he finished 23rd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP 2010 welcome back theoldmaster :ok always the best golf tournament for me and wil be spending the next 3 days studying for this as usual, interested in some big price outright bets and also the 1st rd leader bet (Jimenez at 100/1 last year) what you must remember though is that you can bet everyday with some comfort on the outright market as so many things change. The woods factor is interesting, he has won the last 2 opens held here is 2000 and 2005 by large margins. He loves it here and have heard from members that he is just simply awesome at picking the right spots on the golf course. His preparation this time is obviously impacted by his well publicised affairs. He was in Ireland last week but flew back home to florida to see his kids, i am not sure when he arrives but he is a few days short of this prep IMO which may let a few in. Odds of around 5/1 are double what you would normally get on Woods and i think a number of people will cover him in their bets just in case.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.