Strong bias towards prominent runners this weekend????

This comes from the curragh thread and felt it could be a discussion in itself (might please ginge :ok) Past 2 days has seen a strong bias over nearly all the courses towards prominent/front runners is it normal in this super fast going we have at the moment?? Trotter made a point I always believed that in fast going it meant horses behind pick up better and pick up but theyre just not at the moment! 5 from 7 made all at newcastle yesterday, 4 from 6 windsor yesterday, 3 from 3 at lingfield tracked leaders, 3 from 6 at doncaster tracked leaders, 6 from 7 were prominent at curragh Newmarket was a different story with nearly all making rattling late progress from the back! Today: ALL winner at curragh today made all or tracked leaders, 4 from 7 prominent at salisbury, 5 from 6 windsor prominent 4 made all! May just be a coincidence but got be something in it maybe? Dont get me wrong we know Windsor favours prominent runners and so can newcastle (although normally more obvious on soft going) but salisbury and curragh not usually that bias are they??

Re: Strong bias towards prominent runners this weekend???? Interesting post Chris. A lot also depends on pace on the day, do they give the leader too much rope? I looked into pace at certain courses earlier in the season. With fast ground in the going description at Doncaster its best to track leaders or set the pace but if soft is in the going description, its best to race in midfield or sit in the rear. That was based on all the 2009 results from that track.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.