calculating AH-odds

hi, there is another handicap in soccer called "fixed handicap" in which there is a 3way possible outcome. i.e. you can bet on homewin-draw-awaywin also the line in this kind of handicap is always a whole i.e. goal line is given only to one team & there are no .5/.25/.75 or +/-. a fixed handicap woud look like: home(1)-draw-away which shows that you can bet on any of the 3 outcomes out of which "home" has 1goal advantage. the goals are whole sums and only one team gets a goal/goals advantage. while as in asian handicap you can bet only on 2 possibilities i.e. homewin/awaywin and both teams are given goal lines. i.e. home +.75,+1 away -.75, -1 which shows that both the teams have goal lines and you cant bet for draw. i'm more interested in the fore so i was wondering if there is a way or formula to convert asian handicap to fixed handicap? if not then is there a way to convert the normal 1-x-2 odds into fixed handicap? I read a great atricle about converting normal 1-x-2 odds to asian handicap odds

i was thinking if as described in the article one can use the same formula but this time to calculate odds for "fixed handicap" i.e. with draw. would that work as a way to calculate "fixed handicap" odds?

Re: calculating AH-odds Hi Rishman, have a look here: http://www.asiabet88.com/Entertainment/en/zixun/class5.html http://www.asiabet88.com/Entertainment/en/zixun/class7.html There's some excellent information on this site about calculating AH odds - I struggled to find anything else out there myself, other than picking the odd bits out of forums like here. Good luck!

Re: calculating AH-odds hi rishman, the fixed handicap or european handicap of -1 is equivalent to -1.5 of asian handicap. and the fixed handicap of +1 is equivalent to +0.5 in asian... so i guess you can use the same formula to calculate the fixed handicap odds.

• 1 month later...

Re: calculating AH-odds Yes unfortunately for you there is nothing to be found out there that really explains you about asian handicap. Actually nothing about anything, reading through one of the link posted here seems that some guy tried to start but when he came to calculating the expected goals of a team he said "but thats too complicated and im not going to explain it all here". I honestly think that nobody knows how to, the few real bookies that do wont go round the forums to teach strangers how to do it. [edit]