** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Computer programming in a sports betting contex

Quote:

Punters Lounge programming course (JAVA). A while ago I got totally fed up with copying and pasting all the time. So I decided to write some computer programs to speed that process up. Like myself I can image you spend quite some time on the internet, collection information at various locations to do your betting. Knowing this can be done much faster using a program I decided to set up a programming course. At the end of the course you will be able: - to write general-purpose computer programs. (basic skills) - to download information from a website, like a bookmaker. - to use that information directly, like calculating the overround on a set of odds. - to transport that info to a database or spreadsheet. You don't need any experience, you can learn at your own pace, its completely free. For more info see the introduction post in the Techy Forum: Techy Forum : Programming course introduction

Posted this a couple of months ago, this is to let you know that the entire course is now posted, all 10 lessons, including an odds comparison program and a program to get horse racing info into Excel. So if you missed it the first time around, or you've not had the time yet, its all there waiting for you bigokay.gif