** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

York Saturday 22nd May

15:10 York I really like the chances of Aajel here who has not had much time on track in the last couple of years and as a result is still very lightly raced with only 7 runs to date. Won on his sole start in 2009 after coming back from nearly a 2 year lay-off. Hacked up that day winning by 5 lengths and was finally back on track last month when stepped up in class into Group company for the first time. He ran a cracking race that day and was just headed in the final 100 yards to go down by half a length. Should come on for that run after a nice 3 week break and I can see everything going right for him in this race. Richard Hills prefers this one over Tactic, he will relish the ground conditions, trip is perfect and the drop down to Listed level could all see him back in the winners enclosure. 1.5pt win Aajel @ 7/2 (Paddy Power - BOG)

Re: York Saturday 22nd May

Tip Detail
Sport Horse Racing
Event York 14:05
Selection Kames Park (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 22/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ SP (Back)
Reasoning York 14:05 Each Way: Kames Park Won 5 and won/placed in 11 of last his 16 outings. 1m4f runs were good for 4 wins out of 11 (7 won/placed). Jockey booked Jimmy Quinn had 5 rides within the last 16 runs. He was out of place just once for a form of 12611. Quinn is also offers the best track record among all scheduled jockey in this race. The last 5 seasons, he won 11 of 61 for an 18% strike rate.
Close Window

Re: York Saturday 22nd May 3.10 York This five-furlong dash looks one of the races of the day and HAMISH MCGONAGALL will be popular. He won over course and distance last season and looks superbly handicapped. He's run very well on both starts this term and looks a worthy favourite. I'm having him as a saver bet, but at the odds I think ZIGGY LEE represents better value. Stuart Williams' runner is improving at the race of knots and his record over 5f is one of steep progression. He has his ideal ground and although up in class, may still have room for further improvement before the handicapper takes a hold. Ziggy Lee 7/1 VC Bet, EW Hamish McGonagall 5/1 Stan James, win saver

Re: York Saturday 22nd May 3.40 York Hamish Mcgonnagal has been running really well of late and handicapper is giving him a massive chance allowing him to run off same mark as last 2 efforts when 3rd and 2nd, he looks well handicapped on last springs form, always goes well at the beginning of season and could be hard to beat if repeating his run last time out. 0.5pt win hamish mcgonnagal 5/1 bet365

Re: York Saturday 22nd May 3.40 Hamish Mcgonagall is horse i've backed this year and have been keeping an eye on it but IMO is simply not value at the short price in this 16 runner handicap so if it wins so be it. I'll take three e/w :loon as i simply can't split them and with four places one placed horse and i'll get most if not all my money back. TABARET 16/1 in good form and has went well in this in the past. MASTA PLASTA 25/1 SJ is a past winner of this and now runs for a trainer that does well in these big handicaps as does the Goldie yard who have a big chance with RASAMAN 25/1 SJ who now has the visor re fitted and has won off this mark.

Re: York Saturday 22nd May 3:40 York: Indian Trail 1pt e/w 16/1 & Ziggy Lee 1pt win 6/1 Both Stan James Indian Trail is getting a little long in the tooth but his last couple of efforts at Thirsk and Epsom show he has retained his ability. He handles the good to firm and with Billy Cray taking a further five pounds off today he could go close at a decent price. Does need the breaks and the race run to suit. Ziggy Lee is the opposite end of the spectrum. He is lightly raced and although up in weight and class from his last win there could be more improvement to come.

Re: York Saturday 22nd May 3:10 York: Highland Glen 1pt e/w 11/1 Stan James Maybe missing something here but 11/1 about Highland Glen who could improve for this step up in distance looks a big price. Jockey bookings indicate that Age of Reason has the better chance, however there is not much between the pair on official ratings and Highland Glen who has won his last three races also handles the going.

Re: York Saturday 22nd May

3.10 York This five-furlong dash looks one of the races of the day and HAMISH MCGONAGALL will be popular. He won over course and distance last season and looks superbly handicapped. He's run very well on both starts this term and looks a worthy favourite. I'm having him as a saver bet, but at the odds I think ZIGGY LEE represents better value. Stuart Williams' runner is improving at the race of knots and his record over 5f is one of steep progression. He has his ideal ground and although up in class, may still have room for further improvement before the handicapper takes a hold. Ziggy Lee 7/1 VC Bet, EW Hamish McGonagall 5/1 Stan James, win saver
1st and 2nd :clap
3.40 York Hamish Mcgonnagal has been running really well of late and handicapper is giving him a massive chance allowing him to run off same mark as last 2 efforts when 3rd and 2nd, he looks well handicapped on last springs form, always goes well at the beginning of season and could be hard to beat if repeating his run last time out. 0.5pt win hamish mcgonnagal 5/1 bet365
1st :clap
3.40 Hamish Mcgonagall is horse i've backed this year and have been keeping an eye on it but IMO is simply not value at the short price in this 16 runner handicap so if it wins so be it. I'll take three e/w :loon as i simply can't split them and with four places one placed horse and i'll get most if not all my money back. TABARET 16/1 in good form and has went well in this in the past. MASTA PLASTA 25/1 SJ is a past winner of this and now runs for a trainer that does well in these big handicaps as does the Goldie yard who have a big chance with RASAMAN 25/1 SJ who now has the visor re fitted and has won off this mark.
Masta Plasta placed 3rd :clap