Tennis - 17-23 May

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May

going with verdasco' date=' soderling, and monfils. clear to see why they should win and soderling and monfils are backable to win 2-0 if so inclined. there's also na li and sevastova in the wta playing against lesser players. previous matches, highest rankings and current form indicate a win but not being able to watch the womens matches at this lower level it's hard to know exactly. suggest a larger sum on the three men and a smaller on all 5 but feel free to mix and match as you see it.[/quote'] verdasco win soderling loss monfils win li win sevastova win shock soderling loss means practically breaking even after yesterday. the way she goes sometimes.

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May Verdasco gasquet na li v. king? verdasco is a step above stakhovsky gasquet has the record against rochus and although rochus had a good win yesterday i'll acount it to a slow court and soderlings performance. be wary of gasquet as he's unpredictable at the best of times. he also might win this whole tournament though. na li beat errani recently on the dirt and should pull through in straight sets again. errani doesn't seem to play so well on clay. vania king also has a good record against the aussie rodionova. don't like to go against the home country but king should have this one. i'm personally going with na li and verdasco as there's enough value in those alone to get me through the week and i have more confidence in them.

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May Nice - Fernando Verdasco vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Fernando Verdasco -5 games AH at 1.885 (Pinnacle) - Bet strength: 9/10 Going for it today with Verdasco. For me, he is streets ahead of Stakhovsky on this surface. I was worried about how he'd approach this tournament but his 6-2 6-2 win over Florent Serra shows that he means business here. Stakhovsky's obviously had two good wins on the red brick here against Jarkko Nieminen and Andreas Seppi, but neither of those players hit the ball with lots of power. I think the key today is that Verdasco will force the Ukrainian back with his hard groundstrokes and stop him dictating play and coming to the net. They've never met before but I feel this is a nightmare match-up for Stakhovsky on the clay. Reckon Verdasco will do the job here. Dusseldorf - Eduardo Schwank vs Paul-Henri Mathieu Eduardo Schwank -3 games AH at 2.15 (Pinnacle) - Bet strength: 4/10 I don't normally get involved in the ARAG Cup but feel this price and market is too generous. Schwank is playing well at the moment - good solid clay court player who is in the zone. He got a good win yesterday against Andreas Beck and seems to be taking this event seriously enough. He takes on a guy he beat last week in Madrid 6-2 6-3 on clay. Mathieu is still struggling to find his form since returning from injury. Part of his problem is that he keeps coming up against guys who are playing well or ranked higher above him and Schwank lies in the former category for me. He's serving well, hitting the ball well and seems high on confidence. Mathieu's a bit like Richard Gasquet in that he's a confidence player and needs to get himself buoyed to get going. Considering he thumped Mathieu last week and conditions haven't changed a great deal, I'm happy to take Schwank to cover this. Nice - Gael Monfils vs Potito Starace Gael Monfils -3.5 games AH at 2.18 (Pinnacle) - Bet strength: 3/10 I got stung on Monfils yesterday as he took a while to get going against Marco Chiudinelli but once he did, he really started to motor. Starace has been playing well and leads the H2H 2-1 over Monfils, but their last meeting was two years ago and I think Starace has regressed since then. He got a good win over Lukasz Kubot yesterday but his game matches up well with the Pole's - I'm not so sure that's the case with Monfils. The Frenchman will be happy enough to spar with Starace. The Italian thrives on opponents making mistakes, he'll keep the ball in play and look for the errors. Monfils plays quite a similar strategy but he's got the ability to finish off points with his big groundstrokes. Feel the price is too big on this handicap - Monfils is playing in France, he's geared up for this tournament after his match yesterday and I'd expect him to see off Starace within this handicap. Good luck :hope

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May i have a look at Stakhovsky today @7 my scenario is simple : Verdasco will use this match rather as practicing than any target to win, as soderling did yesterday- the swedish tried some shots without fever what the final result would become- and when he tried to come back it was too late, although he was near to come- Verdasco will gonna do the same imo: a good training before Grand Slam Odds for Stakhovsky are too high under such circumstances Small-fun level- stakes ;)

i have a look at Stakhovsky today @7 my scenario is simple : Verdasco will use this match rather as practicing than any target to win, as soderling did yesterday- the swedish tried some shots without fever what the final result would become- and when he tried to come back it was too late, although he was near to come- Verdasco will gonna do the same imo: a good training before Grand Slam Odds for Stakhovsky are too high under such circumstances Small-fun level- stakes ;)
Mate that was almost some shout. Thought it was over when Stakhovsky broke in the final set. I'm happy to get a push on the -5 line, Verdasco went walkabout for a while.

Nice - Fernando Verdasco vs Sergiy Stakhovsky Fernando Verdasco -5 games AH at 1.885 (Pinnacle) - Bet strength: 9/10 Going for it today with Verdasco. For me, he is streets ahead of Stakhovsky on this surface. I was worried about how he'd approach this tournament but his 6-2 6-2 win over Florent Serra shows that he means business here. Stakhovsky's obviously had two good wins on the red brick here against Jarkko Nieminen and Andreas Seppi, but neither of those players hit the ball with lots of power. I think the key today is that Verdasco will force the Ukrainian back with his hard groundstrokes and stop him dictating play and coming to the net. They've never met before but I feel this is a nightmare match-up for Stakhovsky on the clay. Reckon Verdasco will do the job here. Dusseldorf - Eduardo Schwank vs Paul-Henri Mathieu Eduardo Schwank -3 games AH at 2.15 (Pinnacle) - Bet strength: 4/10 I don't normally get involved in the ARAG Cup but feel this price and market is too generous. Schwank is playing well at the moment - good solid clay court player who is in the zone. He got a good win yesterday against Andreas Beck and seems to be taking this event seriously enough. He takes on a guy he beat last week in Madrid 6-2 6-3 on clay. Mathieu is still struggling to find his form since returning from injury. Part of his problem is that he keeps coming up against guys who are playing well or ranked higher above him and Schwank lies in the former category for me. He's serving well, hitting the ball well and seems high on confidence. Mathieu's a bit like Richard Gasquet in that he's a confidence player and needs to get himself buoyed to get going. Considering he thumped Mathieu last week and conditions haven't changed a great deal, I'm happy to take Schwank to cover this. Nice - Gael Monfils vs Potito Starace Gael Monfils -3.5 games AH at 2.18 (Pinnacle) - Bet strength: 3/10 I got stung on Monfils yesterday as he took a while to get going against Marco Chiudinelli but once he did, he really started to motor. Starace has been playing well and leads the H2H 2-1 over Monfils, but their last meeting was two years ago and I think Starace has regressed since then. He got a good win over Lukasz Kubot yesterday but his game matches up well with the Pole's - I'm not so sure that's the case with Monfils. The Frenchman will be happy enough to spar with Starace. The Italian thrives on opponents making mistakes, he'll keep the ball in play and look for the errors. Monfils plays quite a similar strategy but he's got the ability to finish off points with his big groundstrokes. Feel the price is too big on this handicap - Monfils is playing in France, he's geared up for this tournament after his match yesterday and I'd expect him to see off Starace within this handicap. Good luck :hope
Verdasco d. Stakhovsky 6-2 6-7 6-4 - PUSH Schwank d. Mathieu 3-6 6-3 6-2 - WIN Starace d. Monfils 7-6 6-2 - LOSS Slight profit for today, which is a blessing as it's been a horrible week so far. Bit lucky with Schwank but I'll take it.

Verdasco gasquet na li v. king? verdasco is a step above stakhovsky gasquet has the record against rochus and although rochus had a good win yesterday i'll acount it to a slow court and soderlings performance. be wary of gasquet as he's unpredictable at the best of times. he also might win this whole tournament though. na li beat errani recently on the dirt and should pull through in straight sets again. errani doesn't seem to play so well on clay. vania king also has a good record against the aussie rodionova. don't like to go against the home country but king should have this one. i'm personally going with na li and verdasco as there's enough value in those alone to get me through the week and i have more confidence in them.
verdasco win na li 2-0 win got my two early and had a good nights sleep, although verdasco kept me up longer than i would've liked. maybe i should've put the other two on as well. they came through in the end gasquet more comfortably than king it seems. i managed to watch some of king and rodionova play and they're both terrible. king being a puddler and rodionova being sick and inconsistent (not sure whether the cold she was sporting had an effect on this or not though). gasquet win v. king win

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May Nothing jumps off the page for me today. Leonardo Mayer has come in like a train against Fernando Verdasco but I'd be wary of that, Verdasco may just think this tournament is here for the taking now.

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May Mayer @2.75 dont miss it! The argie is playing like hell here, his mind is totally focus in this tournament, Vedasco is really big to be here, it is absolutely useless for him, to waste energy or to risk any injury for what? to qualify in this atp250 tourny while GRAND SLAM IS A STEP AHEAD? i can not imagine verdasco giving more than 30% of his power today Mayer is decent bet!;)

Sport Tennis
Event Alexandra Dulgheru v Jie Zheng
Selection Alexandra Dulgheru
Strength 10/10
Date 22/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Stan James @ 2.00 (Back)
Reasoning This early price at Stan James and Boylesports is surely wrong, Dulgheru will start as favourite. She's confirmed her great form this year with a strong week, and I think the market will be about right if she starts around 1.80. Zheng is having a good week too, this should be a good game. Dulgheru has had tougher opponents this week, and price dictates a play on her.

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May Mayer exploded as bumble, actually he was a bumble, he performed the life match against bored baghdatis- baghdatis said that the surface was awfull and dangerous for him- but today the mayer bumble exploded, although verdasco used almost full strength for unknown reason, tennis is unpredictable affair, thats the reason i am addicted hehe :ok

Re: Tennis - 17-23 May Nice - Richard Gasquet vs Fernando Verdasco Fernando Verdasco -2.5 games AH at 1.943 Can't see past Verdasco for this one. Has won the last four meetings between the two, including two match-ups on clay, one this year, that covered this handicap. I say it often about Gasquet but I can't trust him, especially against players inside the Top 10. He has severe mental frailties and I can't remember the last time he beat someone of this calibre. Everyone has been saying that Verdasco will take his foot off the gas as the French Open approaches but he won't want to go to Roland Garros with a defeat in a final looming over him. He got a good win over Mayer yesterday and has the power to drive Gasquet to the back of the court. Gasquet has home advantage but to me, he's a guy who prefers to shy away from the pressure of home expectation. Verdasco is the first player of substantial quality he's faced this week and if the Spaniard plays to his full potential, which I expect him to do, he'll be too hot for the Frenchman. Bet strength: 7/10 Good luck :hope

Sport Tennis
Event Fernando Verdasco v Richard Gasquet
Selection Richard Gasquet
Strength 10/10
Date 22/05/2010
Bookmaker/Price Betfair @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning I'm a sucker for gasquet, and here I am backing him again. He's actually having a good run, won a challenger in France and got to the final here. He hasn't beaten any top players, but with Gasquet it's about comfidence and he should have some at the moment. He's got a big match with Murray coming up at the French, not sure how he'll be thinking about that, but his juices might be flowing for this with people talking about him again. Verdasco struggled with Stakhovsky earlier in the week, and had a dodgy market against Mayer yesterday. I'm not sure what to make of him in this tournament, but he's done well enough to come through. Think the odds of Gasquet are just about good enough to have a go.

Nice - Richard Gasquet vs Fernando Verdasco Fernando Verdasco -2.5 games AH at 1.943 Can't see past Verdasco for this one. Has won the last four meetings between the two, including two match-ups on clay, one this year, that covered this handicap. I say it often about Gasquet but I can't trust him, especially against players inside the Top 10. He has severe mental frailties and I can't remember the last time he beat someone of this calibre. Everyone has been saying that Verdasco will take his foot off the gas as the French Open approaches but he won't want to go to Roland Garros with a defeat in a final looming over him. He got a good win over Mayer yesterday and has the power to drive Gasquet to the back of the court. Gasquet has home advantage but to me, he's a guy who prefers to shy away from the pressure of home expectation. Verdasco is the first player of substantial quality he's faced this week and if the Spaniard plays to his full potential, which I expect him to do, he'll be too hot for the Frenchman. Bet strength: 7/10 Good luck :hope
Gasquet d. Verdasco 6-3 5-7 7-6 - LOSS What an unbelievable game of tennis. Cramer, great shout, but you owe Verdasco a pint for a collapse Gasquet would be proud of. Gasquet was injured, facing a double break, then he broke to stay in the match. Incredible stuff. Poor week by me though, will be glad to get on to the French Open.