PokerIdol MTT League

1tripz1

Re: PokerIdol MTT League

Nowhere in turbo but 10th in $2 game.Not a fan of rebuys but may take a look at them tommorow
Nice! I agree about the re-buys, if I had planned this event I wouldn't of had them, but re-buy lovers are poker players too so I guess they need a chance!

Re: PokerIdol MTT League

Nice! I agree about the re-buys' date=' if I had planned this event I wouldn't of had them, but re-buy lovers are poker players too so I guess they need a chance![/quote'] It'd be interesting to see the thought process behind the target audience for the promotion ?? I mean 2 very reasonable priced tourneys ($2, $5) and then 2 Massive Re-Buys ($22,$54) in normal mode of operations I'd doubt the players in one are actual going to want to play the others. They may have got more entrants if the choice of tourneys was a little more logical :eyes - also if you can afford to enter a $54 Re-Buy then I'm pretty sure you could just stump up $220 for a Malta Open Satellite ticket if you wanted to enter. The reward hardly matches the investment for those punters.

Re: PokerIdol MTT League Agree with VoJ, a bit of strange setup. I will go with the $2 and $5, problem for me was that even the $2 was early (19.00 CET) with kids and all, so that the $5 was even earlier was not good for me. Played the $2 yesterday but went out in the middle somewhere (900-ish runners)

Re: PokerIdol MTT League Thanks for the input VoJ, you really are the voice of reason in all Idol threads :tongue2 I definitely agree though. This is the first MTT league we've done and therefore wanted to appeal to a broad range of players. In hindsight we've made it too broad! We appreciate the comments though and will definitely take it on board, the next one will be fairer and with more tournaments to play. As it stands with this one it is only the small events being played, so there is still a great chance to win if playing those! Welcome any other ideas on improving the league.

Re: PokerIdol MTT League You could do worse than take a leaf out of the PL Leagues they run as the format that they're using lately whilst not hitting massive numbers are sustaining more interest throughout than they used to - identify specific daily/weekly games that the points contribute from, if possible an 'Idol' specific game (even the daily 7pm $20 Freeroll would do(do you still run it :EDIT The $20 Daily Freeroll was on EUROBET:$) - or maybe have a League Specific added $50 Weekly Tourney - although the points would need to be worked out differently for the Freeroll as the formula x by 0 wouldn't work ;)). The top 'x' many players graduate to the 'Final Freeroll' where the Prizes are won - add in a couple of wildcard entries drawn for the non-qualifiers who have played most games - this keeps the interest until the end of the period. Also try and select games that begin at friendly times for the European Hobbyist Players - i.e Between 6-8.30pm starts $0 > $2.25 > $11 Buy-Ins Try 3 or 4 possibles a night so people can Multi-table the one site all evening if they want. (I'll shut up now :)) -- You could also add a bit of a carrot for all forumites (wherever they may be) when the player registers interest, they should specify the name of a forum they are aligned wiith and the overall winner gets an added $100 Freeroll for their specified forum - if they aren't aligned to a forum then thats $100 you've saved