Back Testing Data

Guys, some may know I have been running a ratings based strategy on just Novice Hurdlers this season, (see thread in sig). The thing is although i'm pretty happy with a near 5% yield, especially as its been tweaked a bit since it started, my main problem appears to be the staking plan and the strategy to choose. I have rated over 650 races this season which is a fair amount of data to play with and just wondered the best way to test it with various different methods, I can work out the selections to level stakes no probs but would be interested to see if i can squeeze a little bit more out of it. I know there is software you can buy but as its going to be used sparingly, the staking machine looks good but only allows you 10 bets on the demo. Is there any progs out there free or any excel formulas you can input to give you results for increasing stakes for example? Any help much appreciated:ok Graham(BH)

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.