AFL Round 5 (April 23-26)

WESTERN BULLDOGS ---- 1.11 --- -39.5 ADELAIDE -------------- 6.70 --- +39.5 SYDNEY ---------------- 1.16 --- -32.5 WEST COAST ----------- 5.30 --- +32.5 MELBOURNE ------------ 3.90 --- +24.5 BRISBANE -------------- 1.26 --- -24.5 PORT ADELAIDE -------- 3.70 --- +23.5 ST KILDA -------------- 1.28 --- -23.5 COLLINGWOOD --------- 1.30 --- -22.5 ESSENDON ------------- 3.55 --- +22.5 HAWTHORN ------------ 1.34 --- -20.5 NORTH MELBOURNE ----- 3.29 --- +20.5 FREMANTLE ------------ 1.04 --- -49.5 RICHMOND ------------ 11.20 --- +49.5 CARLTON -------------- 4.45 --- +28.5 GEELONG -------------- 1.21 --- -28.5 Geez, all shorties this week. Not a big fan of the - lines in general esp the big ones but here goes: Western Bulldogs -39.5 @ $1.91. Both teams off 6x6 turnarounds but @ Etihad and nearly full strength (c.f. Adelaide) after a lazy show @ the GABBA, I expect nothing short of a big Doggies win. Geelong -28.5 @ $1.91. Blues won't be scoring so easily and efficiently this week and have a history of getting beaten up the Cats (excluding last year's game of course). I'm sure there is a play or 2 in the + lines as well. Favouring WCE atm with Hurn to return at least, in what has usually been close games between these 2.

Re: AFL Round 5 (April 23-26)

Western Bulldogs -39.5 @ $1.91. Both teams off 6x6 turnarounds but @ Etihad and nearly full strength (c.f. Adelaide) after a lazy show @ the GABBA, I expect nothing short of a big Doggies win.
I'm actually thinking of pulling on the lederhosen shorts and feather cap and flying up for next years game. The thigh slapping and beer throwing routine sounds like a total hoot! I think the humid conditions got to Bulldogs on Saturday and teams sometimes are feeling the pinch come the SH this year, I notice. It will have taken more out of them when comparing to Adelaide, I feel. Having said that, I'm taking WBD if I can get -38.5. Some Richmond fans have been telling me they've been waiting to back their side when they meet Freo, simply because Richmond always do well against them. I'm happy with -49.5 as is but I won't mind at all if they wish to push that line a bit lower.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.