** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Another Full House another interesting spot

Nade

My first hand at the table - it's a deep stacked ante table - i have villain noted as a really tight player and that's it. No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com Button ($198.95) SB ($340.80) Hero (BB) ($200) UTG ($346.60) MP ($602.70) CO ($194.90) Preflop: Hero is BB with 9diamond.gif, 9club.gif 2 folds, CO bets $4.70, Button calls $4.70, 1 fold, Hero calls $3.70 Flop: ($14.60) 8heart.gif, 9heart.gif, 10spade.gif (3 players) Hero checks, CO bets $12, 1 fold, Hero calls $12 Turn: ($38.60) 8club.gif (2 players) Hero checks, CO bets $25, Hero calls $25 River: ($88.60) Qheart.gif (2 players) Thoughts on flop and turn play vs a tight player? I c/c the flop as i think it's unlikely i get a 400BB pot in as favourite vs a tight player here and also i have deception value as he'd expect me to c/r a set on this board. We bink the turn and he barrels i'm now thinking he definitely has a hand but if i c/r it looks so strong will he stay in and i think i kind of have to keep up my story of having a marginally weak hand but this creates a problem on the river as the pot is pretty small compared to stack size - will villain barrel enough to make it worth a c/r or should be donk out for value - they might shove even with a big flush? or bet/fold to a shove as they must figure we have a real big hand would they shove with worse?

Re: Another Full House another interesting spot Is this on FT? Just wondering whether close to 5BBs is a standard opening raise for such a table; Stars have added deep tables but I haven't had much experience in this area. What impression do you think the villain has of you? Generally I'm c/r the flop here 95% of the time, but also because I would do so with my big draws and some air. No use getting too fanciful if he's an unknown though. We c/r the flop mainly for 3 reasons in this spot which is to get value out of our monsters, get as much money in as possible before any further cards kill our action, and make our opponent pay if he is drawing. You mentioned that he's a tight player so there's a good chance he'll check behind on the turn with a flush draw; also if he had KK/AA he'll hate the river because the straight and flush draws just got there. If he's nice and tight like you mentioned I would expect him to check behind KK/AA on the river a good portion of the time, he can have the flush too but maybe only 20% of the time in this spot. I would put him on a range of TT+, AKhh and AJs here, which is pretty tight but if he plays straightforwardly this is more or less what he has. As played I would donk the river against a tight player, probably 50+; he is going to check back with too many hands that we beat and might make a crying call with. You have massively underrepped your hand here so I will probably bet/call. Let's say you donk 55 on the river and he shoves for his remaining ~150. You are getting 3-1 on your money here and you are going to need a soulread to lay this down given the way you played it. Imo this is also good spot to donk the flop and try to get it all in there and then representing a draw.

Re: Another Full House another interesting spot ...

Is this on FT? Just wondering whether close to 5BBs is a standard opening raise for such a table; Stars have added deep tables but I haven't had much experience in this area.
As it says on the very top line, it's a deep ante table ;) so the standard pot raise pre flop is $4.70 - personally i now raise to $3-$4 and people play the same as when i potted it
What impression do you think the villain has of you?
No idea - but probably knows i'm a reg
Generally I'm c/r the flop here 95% of the time, but also because I would do so with my big draws and some air. No use getting too fanciful if he's an unknown though. We c/r the flop mainly for 3 reasons in the spot which is to get value out of our monsters, get as much money in as possible before any further cards kill our action, and make our opponent pay if he is drawing.
Agree with all the above, i think something that influenced me was i shouldn't have been playing a deep table as i don't have the roll online for it but sat down as a red pro (alan boston(who?)) was playing and everyone looked to be playing crazy so just wanted to taste the flavour for a little bit at least.
You mentioned that he's a tight player so there's a good chance he'll check behind on the turn with a flush draw; also if he had KK/AA he'll hate the river because the straight and flush draws just got there. If he's nice and tight like you mentioned I would expect him to check behind KK/AA on the river a good portion of the time, he can have the flush too but maybe only 20% of the time in this spot.
It's a good point that he'll check behind all his marginal showdown value and a lot of draws as he's tight - something i didn't think about at the time
I would put him on a range of TT+, AKhh and AJs here, which is pretty tight but if he plays straightforwardly this is more or less what he has. As played I would donk the river against a tight player, probably 50+; he is going to check back with too many hands that we beat and might make a crying call with. You have massively underrepped your hand here so I will probably bet/call. Let's say you donk 55 on the river and he shoves for his remaining ~150. You are getting 3-1 on your money here and you are going to need a soulread to lay this down given the way you played it. Imo this is also good spot to donk the flop and try to get it all in there and then representing a draw.
Not sure about donking the flop line - just because i'm not sure we'll get it in ahead 200BBs deep against a tight player on this flop no matter how we play it. Will give results after some more replies..

Re: Another Full House another interesting spot I'd donk the flop. If villain is decent he isn't cbetting this board enough to make picking up the cbet worth it. As played I think you need to raise somewhere. Fair enough getting it in for 200bbs isn't the desired outcome but we're missing so much value by not raising earlier. On the river given your read that the villain is tight I'd be tempted to donk. I'm kind of inferring from the tightness that villain is less likely to vbet thin on the river. If the villain isn't vbetting thin (to be fair its hard to vbet that river with much) then we lose too much value if he checks back. Also presuming that 'tight' means the villain is less likely to have bluff the turn/river so we don't lose much value from bluffs.

Re: Another Full House another interesting spot I donked $50 into $90 on the river and he snap called with 67hh. If he shoved i didn't know what i was going to do TBH he might shove the nut flush but that would be kind of thin from them but we only really lose to TT,QQ and TJhh, 88. If i was to play this situation again i would consider donking the flop but still not sure if i'd stack off as he's tight but maybe they'd get it in with KK/AA i'm not sure the whole thing is kind of bleh because we have a huge hand but maximising value 200BBs deep vs a nit without owning ourself is right on a knife-edge. C/R the turn is what i'd tend to do in future - but as i said before my C/R range on this turn this deep is so small they might almost play perfectly vs us after that - only calling a shove with better and folding worse but it's probably the best value line as people level themselves into thinking we rep either the nuts or air that they call lighter.