British Snooker Open

I have 6 outright bets at the usual big prices, 3 for the top half, 3 for the bottom half, although it is clearly the top half that is ripe for the upsets. Outrights All 1pt Each Way Ali Carter @ 101.00 >Bet365 David Gray @ 126.00 >Paddy Power Mark Selby @ 301.00 BetDirect Ryan Day @ 151.00 Skybet Shaun Murphy @ 201.00 UKBetting 1pt Win Only Barry Hawkins @ 501.00 SuperOdds (Win Only Here) 20pts Maximum Single (LAY) (LAY) Ronnie O'Sullivan @ 3.00 >Betfair I don't subscribe to this "New Ronnie" syndrome, simply because Ronnie is a headcase. Winning this tourny would mean 3 ranking tournys on the bounce for Ronnie, something he has never done. Also, he has a very tough draw imo, and could well get taken out by Burnett in the very first match he plays. Another negative would have to be, the UK Champs starts straight after this tourny, literally straight after, and Ronnie will want to win that far more than this much smaller ranking event. I think this is a superb lay, but only time will tell if I am right. Monday Match Bets 2pm 20pts Maximum Single Mark Selby v Mark King @ 1.83 BetDirect Selby is a player I rate extremely highly, as you will know from previous tournys. Not sure how he is rated on a par with King, as he has a far better all round game than King. King has his moments, but they are becoming less and less. Selby goes from strength to strength, and I will be very surprised if he doesn't get past the limited King. 7pm 20pts Maximum Single Jamie Burnett v John Parrott @ 2.00 Blue Square Ok, now I'm really confused or should I say the Blue Square odds compiler is! Parrott's game is all over the place, much more of a BBC pundit than an actual snooker player these days. I'm stunned beyond belief to see Burnett @ 2.00 to be quite honest, it is the single biggest pricing error I have seen in a long time. Burnett should be 1.57, possibly 1.50 to win this, and I will be very disappointed should he not win, in fact I just cannot see him not winning.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: British Snooker Open Hi Paul, Ive decided to come in with you on these bets for small stakes so I hope they go well! Ive done small wagers (well with those odds you dont need to put much on!) on all your outrights. Ive put Selby and Burnett in a double at 3.15 odds (bet365) and put an amount on so that if the double wins it will have given me back the stakes I put on the outrights. So hopefully I'll have a bunch of free bets on at all those high odds. Question - How many years have you been doing snooker bets and how many times have these long shots come in?

Re: British Snooker Open

Question - How many years have you been doing snooker bets and how many times have these long shots come in?
I've been doing the long priced outrights for only 2 years. I had Selby @ 250/1 get to the final, where he lost 9-7, collected half the odds though. The more famous and painful one was, Stephen Maguire last year. I had him on my shortlist as all my MSN contacts know, and crossed him off. Why ? I don't know, I had backed him 3 times previously - he won the tournament @ 300/1. The difference between Joe Bloggs picking longshots and me picking them is, I played the game at a high standard for 10 years. I know the mentality you need to win, and it sticks out a mile that some players have it and some don't. Example: I've picked 6 players above, who can all win this tourny, they have the ability and the belief. Here are a list of players in this tourny, that will never win a ranking event as long as they live. Quinten Hann Tony Drago Drew Henry Robert Milkins Bjorn Haneever Mike Dunn David Roe Joe Jogia People might be surprised me including Hann in that list, but I'm confident he never will, the rest can forget it.

Where is the best place to get live scores on the snooker?
World Snooker charge £3 per tourny now, and have changed the setup so I can't just give you the link, very clever of them, I didn't think they were that clever. :( Try www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk and click "Draw" for British Open Snooker. This will give you frame by frame updates. ;)

Re: British Snooker Open I have to say that in my opionion there is a few tourmanents in the year that you can back with a degree of cofidence that a outsider can reach the final + maybe win the thing, namely the first tourmanent, overseas tourmanent + the one before the World Championships. Always believe in the other tourmanents the chances are alot less likely not saying it cant happen as i have backed Carter myself but prefer to hit on certain players on the said tourmanents. I have seen you quote Maguire a couple of times at 300/1 in winning that tourmanent last year. Now i backed him then + was waiting for his price + the best was 150/1. I think you are being a bit harsh on Mark King not that i think he is a great player myself as his break building is ropey but he did a have a good end to last season especially in the Irish Masters wher he reached the final. He never looks that good but seems to get it done though he did go out in the first round in the Grand Prix so how he is playing this year God know's + we know Selby is playing well so far this year. Personally the 2 matches that you having maximums to me it wouldn't suprise me who won both matches though i hope you win as i haven't any first bets because there is nothing there that i like.

Re: British Snooker Open Hi Mullahoran, Welcome to the forum. ;) Maguire was 300/1 with 1 bookie, can't remember which one, maybe you should shop around a bit more. :ok Don't think I'm being harsh on King at all. Selby is a far superior player imo, and should be a fair bit shorter in price than he is. He's cool and solid as a rock, with a fantastic temperament. King can win of course, everyone has a chance of winning, but it's just my opinion, that I cannot see him beating Selby, if Selby is anywhere near 100%, he just doesn't have the game. Burnett is playing well this season, and how he is made 2.00 I simply cannot work out at all. I've tried looking at it from every angle, there is no reason you could possibly warrant backing Parrott, although the Racing Post have tipped Parrott, with some very shallow reasoning indeed, very unlike Adrian Humphries, who is usually pretty good with his tips. I went maximum on each simply because both players stood out a mile over their opponents for me, and their prices were simply too generous by far. :)

Its not looking too good for Selby at the minute. 2-0 down in frames and losing the third!
I would never get too elated or deflated in best of 9 matches, it tends to turn very quickly - Selby 2-2 at the interval. Hawkins beats Perry 5-4, this is a major opportunity for him as he's in the better half of the draw, let's hope he can do it. :) Carter through also 5-0. :ok

Re: British Snooker Open what a comeback for Q.Hann! Day was matched down to 1.06 on betfair for about 7000 euros,whoever backed him must be feeling really :puke also guys check out the inrunning on BF pretty good prices to be had at times, but you have to be fast! I think the 5 second delay is rubbich for snooker, should be 3 at the very most, in a game where 1 shot can change everything!

Re: British Snooker Open O my! Parrot wins last frame 112-0 !! although i have to laugh at this

I don't subscribe to this "New Ronnie" syndrome, simply because Ronnie is a headcase. Winning this tourny would mean 3 ranking tournys on the bounce for Ronnie, something he has never done. Also, he has a very tough draw imo, and could well get taken out by Burnett in the very first match he plays.
Well i bet that he definetly WONT be taken out by burnett;) Im backing Ronnie straight away:rollin

Re: British Snooker Open Three matches which I saw from Eurosport: Carter - Haneveer 5-0: Carter played very well indeed. Haneveer had just one chance to take one frame and when he misses easy read, Carter never looked back. Jun Hui - Drago 5-0: Easy win for Jun Hui, but he wasn't as good as I thought. Drago had hatful of chances but his performance was below all standards. Murphy - McCulloch 5-2 Level of this game was poorest of this three. McCulloch took first 2 frames easily when Murphy's pot succees after two frames was 20%!. McCulloch had game in his hands but he started to make easy mistakes too, and suddenly Murphy was back in the game. Last two frames Murphy played with quite good confidence, but can't see he has any chances against Hunter next round.

Re: British Snooker Open Yup, got spanked there, both players played way above their form and both selections did the opposite, shit happens. On another note, why has this thread turned into a commentary thread ? I'll be deleting most of it, as it's completely pointless. Qxsad, might be best if you stick your neck on the line too, rather than after eventing. ;)

Re: British Snooker Open I've tidied the threa up as it had become a complete mess. There's no need to do a runnign commentary after every frame, the only thing it will achieve is when others post their tips, they will be much harder to find. I was asleep earlier, I think I should have stayed asleep after seeing those two results. :(

Re: British Snooker Open paul, keep up with the tips which I follow regularly, plenty of knobs on here all too critical, different story had they won. I use your tips as back up to my own views and would have taken both selby and burnett, tomorrow is another day and I for one will be watching out for your insight. cheers

Re: British Snooker Open Sorry about that there, there was a few posts going about and I kinda got caught in the spirit of the topsy turvy Parrott v Burnett game and ended up posting quite a lot! Never matter, anyway three of the outright tips have got through Paul (and I dont think Gray has played yet) :ok

paul, keep up with the tips which I follow regularly, plenty of knobs on here all too critical, different story had they won. I use your tips as back up to my own views and would have taken both selby and burnett, tomorrow is another day and I for one will be watching out for your insight. cheers
Cheers UK, disappointing today to say the least, but that's life, gotta take the highs with the lows. :)

Sorry about that there, there was a few posts going about and I kinda got caught in the spirit of the topsy turvy Parrott v Burnett game and ended up posting quite a lot! Never matter, anyway three of the outright tips have got through Paul (and I dont think Gray has played yet) :ok
No worries MM, You got any tips for us ?:)