Tennis - 5-11 April

Re: Tennis - 5-11 April Hanescu is a decent price after all. Will go with a few small stakes bets for the Casablanca final. Hanescu to win OVER 11.5 games vs Wawrinka @ 4/6 (Paddy Power : 10/10) Hanescu +2.5 games over Wawrinka @ Evens (Paddy Power : 7/10) Hanescu to beat Wawrinka @ 6/4 (Paddy Power : 5/10) I underestimated Hanescu after his win over Gasquet, but he was very good today against Serra. Wasn't broken at all, was clutch on serve when he was saving break points, solid on the FH and BH sides...and some good shot selection at times. Hit some great drop shots to change the pace of the match. Wawrinka's best level is better than Hanescu's but I've seen little this week to suggest Stan is near that level. He lost sets to Klizan and Starace today and was in tough moments in both matches. His form throughout the matches has been sporadic....some great shots followed by patches of many unforced errors. I think Hanescu has played well enough to keep this tight and possibly nick it. Should be a good match, two players with single handed backhands.....Hanescu also leads H2H 2-0.....both on clay, one in 2004 and one in 2008 in Gstaad...a similar match to this one although that was a semi-final...Stan had struggled most of the week while Hanescu played himself into form throughout the tournament and beat Wawrinka in 3 that day. Hopefully the occasion doesn't get to Hanescu here but he's worth taking tomorrow IMO. GL!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Tennis - 5-11 April Monte Carlo - Michael Berrer vs Evgeny Korolev Evgeny Korolev at 1.833 (Pinnacle) First round starts for real today in the principality and I fancy the Kazakh to have the measure of Berrer here. The German beat Korolev in 2007 on an indoor hard court, which is by far and a his preferred surface. He comes onto the clay with limited form and experience on it and it won't suit his serve and volley game. Korolev has a better record on the red brick and also played on it last week, even if it was a defeat. He's got the groundstrokes to be able to rally well enough and he moves better than Berrer. That could well be key here. He's got a poor record against lefties, but he's able to compensate for that with movement. It'll be fairly tight but I'm happy to put some small cash on the Kazakh. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :ok

Re: Tennis - 5-11 April

Monte Carlo - Michael Berrer vs Evgeny Korolev Evgeny Korolev at 1.833 (Pinnacle) First round starts for real today in the principality and I fancy the Kazakh to have the measure of Berrer here. The German beat Korolev in 2007 on an indoor hard court, which is by far and a his preferred surface. He comes onto the clay with limited form and experience on it and it won't suit his serve and volley game. Korolev has a better record on the red brick and also played on it last week, even if it was a defeat. He's got the groundstrokes to be able to rally well enough and he moves better than Berrer. That could well be key here. He's got a poor record against lefties, but he's able to compensate for that with movement. It'll be fairly tight but I'm happy to put some small cash on the Kazakh. Bet strength: 3/10 Good luck :ok
Berrer d. Korolev 6-1 6-4 - LOSS :wall I'd have been as well donating that money to charity. Korolev was awful.

Re: Tennis - 5-11 April

Hopefully nobody followed me on Hanescu...straight sets win for Wawrinka coming up. Must be nerves because he's dumping simple shots into the net. Profit from Barcelona last night is gone now.......:wall
I followed. Covered it with Chela so fingers crossed.