** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

FT bubble - Battle of blinds

Fonzie14

We are ITM and on FT bubble. Previous hand villain (big stack) had min raised utg, folded to me in BB, I have AQ off and decide to push, villain folds. I am now 6th out of 11 remaing players. This hand it is folded round to me in SB.... GAME #2927624027: Texas Hold'em NL Tournament 2010/04/01 16:02:52 Table $3,000 GP Freezeout, 430796271, 3613669791 (Tournament: $3,000 GP Freezeout Buy-In: $10+$1) Seat 2: VILLAIN ($41,653.75 in chips) Seat 3: sirofox ($18,490.00 in chips) Seat 5: 00MrHappy00 ($27,172.50 in chips) Seat 6: nico42213 ($14,700.00 in chips) Seat 7: julessciare ($15,640.00 in chips) DEALER Seat 10: HERO ($21,692.50 in chips) HERO: Post Ante $160.00 VILLAIN: Post Ante $160.00 sirofox: Post Ante $160.00 00MrHappy00: Post Ante $160.00 nico42213: Post Ante $160.00 julessciare: Post Ante $160.00 HERO: Post SB $800.00 VILLAIN: Post BB $1,600.00 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to HERO [HQ HA] sirofox: Fold 00MrHappy00: Fold nico42213: Fold julessciare: Fold What do I do?

Re: FT bubble - Battle of blinds What will he call with? Any Ace, any 2 broadway, any PP, at least. You have to shove - He could have any hand whatsoever, I'd suggest shoving the top 50% of hands would be profitable in this situation, folded round to you in the SB

Re: FT bubble - Battle of blinds Insta shove for me, every day of the week. Was always very scared around the bubble/ FT bubble when I first started playing and would probably have folded, just to get to the final table, but here, AQs is such a strong hand, and he is only going to call with something very strong here, in which case, unlucky.

Re: FT bubble - Battle of blinds

Insta shove for me' date=' every day of the week. Was always very scared around the bubble/ FT bubble when I first started playing and would probably have folded, just to get to the final table, but here, AQs is such a strong hand, and [b']he is only going to call with something very strong here, in which case, unlucky.
He's not though, imo. He's the chip leader, and will be expecting a shove when it's folded round to you - his calling range will be quite wide imo.

Re: FT bubble - Battle of blinds

He's not though, imo. He's the chip leader, and will be expecting a shove when it's folded round to you - his calling range will be quite wide imo.
He's still going to double up someone if making the wrong call? I would personally only call here with AJ+ and a mid-high Pocket Pair. (perhaps two suited face cards KQs, KJs, QJs) Maybe I am just that bit more wary when defending a chip lead though? (as it doesnt happen often at this stage :lol). All in all though, it is still insta shove from me.

Re: FT bubble - Battle of blinds Ok, thanks guys. I knew I'd played it badly. For some reason (which now eludes me :eyes) I only raised to 3xBB , which the Villain called. Flop comes K T 6, rainbow - no hearts :puke........ I C-bet 5.2k....he flats, turn is a 7......I check, he bets 15k ....I fold. So, I donked off half my stack. As soon as he called my PFR I knew I should of shoved and let him make the "tough" call. Another question though, as played, would you C-bet or check the flop.