** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Starting off trading

Hey guys (sorry for yet another thread but I'm exploring my options!) Totally new to the trading side of things and I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. Any articles/software you recommend? What sort of staking strategy should I adopt? Bear in mind my starting bank will be 1k. I'll be mostly focusing on the football markets. Also, since I work I'll only be able to devote max 10 hours per week to trading. What sort of profits should I be looking to make from this bank? Thanks in advance!

Re: Starting off trading I would recommend getting a copy of Bet Angel - they offer a free trial and just have a little play with small stakes. From what Iv read there seems to be a marked difference in the way markets move depending on the type of sport. i.e horse racing markets move completly different to football markets. I would say try trading a good way before the footie game, and if it all goes wrong trade out for a loss before the game starts - unless you intent to go in-play - which may not suit your avalible hours. Just some thoughts :ok

Re: Starting off trading I heard about these software but I also know that some successful traders don't use any software at all. I like to trade football and not horse racing. I have not found a consistent horse racing method. I do know if you look hard you will find a strong trend and be able to trade it though. Can people give some advice on horseracing?

Re: Starting off trading Dale,i would suggest you dont trade at all for at least a week,just back or lay what you fancy for say 1 percent of your bank,this way if your watching a match,you can watch how the markets move with a little interest,then when you get used to the markets then you will have a better idea of were to back and were to lay and what stake your prepared to lose and what profit per bet your trying to make...just a note,when tradeing and the screen is red,then people are known to chase there money,be carefull this can end in disaster,laying the fav in tennis matches then backing if the outsider holds his/her serve on the 1st game can give you a small profit,or if the outsider breaks serve also can lead to profit as the fav is expected to hold serve so the price will hardly move if he/she does.IF i was going to trade £50 on a match and had £1000 bank i would move £950 to australian bank so as not to be tempted to chase, good luck:hope