Champions League 16-17 March

Re: Champions League 16-17 March

Evening gents, Another Champions League night is upon us.... One main pick for me tonight.. Chelsea V Inter Milan - Over 2.5 Goals @ 1.85 (Bet365) Was considering this pick even before the line up's were announced but after seeing how both teams are lining up I feel even more confident. For a start Chelsea have to start the game with third choice goalkeeper Ross Turnbull, who is only making his 3rd appearance for the club. The 25 year old keeper will be thrown into the deep end against the Italians after Hilario and Chech miss out through injury. Next important point from the line ups is the fact that both Chelsea and Inter appear to be starting with one leading target man each, Drogba and Eto respectively while both teams will use two more attacking players in wide positions as support. Chelsea will deploy this tactic through Anelka and Malouda whilst the visitors will rely on Pandev and Milito to support thier target man. This, in my opinion, is a great recipe for goals tonight, not only do these six guys have the potential in themselves to score goals, but I feel it will also leave space in their defence for the opposition to attack, all in all it looks set for a few goals. Chelsea have to score at least one tonight to progress in this competition, I feel they will achieve this. Inter have a great scoring record on the road this year also, finding the net in 14 of their 17 away matches thus far. I fancy both teams to find the net, but I feel the over 2.5 goals @ 1.85 is a good shout :ok I can actually see this ending 2-1 and being the first tie this year to go into extra time. Good luck everyone :hope
Agree with the above, however I would think betting on both teams to score is definitely better, given that Inter will still go through if it is 1-1, so im going with: Both teams to score @ 1.80 bet365

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Team News: Sevilla v CSKA Moscow Sevilla: Palop, Stankevicius, Dragutinovic, Fazio, Fernando Navarro, Jesus Navas, Renato, Zokora, Diego Capel, Perotti, Luis Fabiano. Subs: Javi Varas, Duscher, Adriano Correia, Kanoute, Escude, Negredo, Lolo. CSKA Moscow: Akinfeev, Vasili Berezutsky, Alexei Berezutsky, Ignashevich, Shchennikov, Krasic, Aldonin, Semberas, Gonzalez, Honda, Necid. Subs: Chepchugov, Dzagoev, Mamaev, Odiah, Guilherme, Rahimic, Oliseh. Referee: Viktor Kassai (Hungary) 1912: TEAMS Chelsea v Inter Milan Chelsea: Turnbull, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, Zhirkov, Ballack, Mikel, Lampard, Anelka, Drogba, Malouda. Subs: Taylor, Carvalho, Joe Cole, Kalou, Sturridge, Belletti, Bruma. Inter Milan: Julio Cesar, Maicon, Lucio, Samuel, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Sneijder, Motta, Pandev, Eto'o, Milito. Subs: Toldo, Cordoba, Stankovic, Quaresma, Mariga, Materazzi, Santon. Referee: Wolfgang Stark (Germany)

Inter + 4 Corner handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet will be the bet I'm taking tonight. Inter have beaten a + 4 corner handicap in every away European fixture this season. Chelsea only beat a - 4 corner handicap against APOEL at Stamford Bridge, which was to be expected, and they even only just beat it that time. Working on the assumption that Chelsea will score at some point, I think the line of 4 on Chelsea's side is showing a complete lack of respect to what is another top European side. (I just hope they actually show that and don't caputulate like Porto did :lol) The straight win odds for all the home sides this round are laughable. I still fail to see how anyone can find 'value' in an AH of -1 on any short priced home side, because there is no way of working out what the true odds should be. I've said this before on here - The short priced home favourite is expected to win, so the AH odds are going to naturally be very very skinny, because it's an 'expected' outcome. imo. GL if anyone takes Chelsea to win big :ok
Corners 7 to 4. Bet won :ok 93rd minute corner :nana Feels a bit hollow though. The rest of the night's punting was pure toilet.

Two thoughts make me think about the overcoming of the turn of the Inter : -in the last games of italian series A Inter is distracted and I thinks has saved energies and accidents; the overcoming of the turn is fundamental for the glory of the players and the society. With good luck in the future drawings Inter could arrive to Madrid. -After the result of the first game Inter has two results profits on three, important thing. If Inter will play with the same determination of the first game can reach the draw. Chalsea must make game of attack and Milito is superb A big error if Mourinho will make to play Muntari to midfield and Zanetti on the defended band Inter won't lose:cheers :ok
Cheers for your input :cheers ! It swinged me very confident on Inter X2 'doublechance' , :cheers Murinho's superior tactics made all the diference here !

Re: Champions League 16-17 March I'm just laughing at all the Chelsea backers saying that PL is far superior bla bla bla, hope you threw your money away, the bookies will enjoy it, don't get me wrong, I hate Inter aswell since I'm a Juventus fan, but they sure showed you brits how to play.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Hi, First of all I'm sorry for those of you who lost their money today, but at those odds it was never worth it to take the chelsea win, let alone the asian -1 as some of you did. Anyway I'm very happy today since I'm an Inter fan, and I also took the +0.5 @ 2.4 which was great:rollin

Lol' date=' fair amount of mindsight on here!..to be expected i suppose..:lol[/quote'] ...:lol and already enough after-battle Marshalls, telling everyone how stupid it was to bet on this and on that, and of course how clever they were picking up the right thing...Of course you were...:loon

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Inter looked very, very strong, like they have in other big matches this season. They will be a very hard side to beat in Europe. They were a bit lucky with a couple of calls for penalty one has to say, but it's fair to say also that they outplayed Chelsea for most of the time. Credit to Mourinho for his tactical thinking. Difficult to call with an Italian side though, with zero Italians in the starting lineup !

Just a note to punterspal' date=' bookies might have won, but I won a whopping 1294 £ On Inter win & Moskva win double tonight.[/quote'] Wow, congratulations..shame you didnt put your bets on here before gloating about your win!! Divert your eyes a couple of posts up please...:eyes Any opinions about tomorrow nights games? With such a grand win under your belt you should be full of predictions surely?

Wow, congratulations..shame you didnt put your bets on here before gloating about your win!! Divert your eyes a couple of posts up please...:eyes Any opinions about tomorrow nights games? With such a grand win under your belt you should be full of predictions surely?
I think you are being a bit too harsh on the man :lol ... we might lose him for the Forum if no credit given for his win. I just wonder why does he bother to post tonight TWICE ?!?! With 30 post in almost a year, 2 of which tonight - one - to tell others how good he is and how he won, and second - telling how stupid all Chelsea backers are and PL being bad... I tell you what, we need him!!! Sooner or later ( couple of years )he might as well start sharing :lol Winning 1200 is nothing, what he doesn't say is that he won it with a fiver, on a CS Double :dude Well, me being a sucker, I lost 800 yesterday and today, most my Weekend profit gone, and mind you, I wasn't backing Chelsea...A quarter of my bank with bet365 is going on Fortaleza to go Over 2,5 Goals tomorrow, in hope to recover - bless Brazil :hope:hope:hope

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Bordeaux - Olympiakos: Olympiakos is demoralised after Sunday's result in the league. But with coming game vs Panathinaikos, no one can rest in that camp. It is unpredictable if the team responds well to this game, I believe the game itself will show them the way. I mean, if they are in a good day and Bordeuax sit behind that 0-0, they might even start believing in the one goal deal that could lead to overtime. Of course, Bordeaux is much better a side, with better unity and organisation and will dictate the game. Their goal will be to ensure qualification with a tight play and a goal that could make them more relaxed and confident. Olympiakos have a very tired midfield right now and Diarra's return for Bordeaux could turn out to be a big deal. I don't expect them to open up the game in any case, they don't want it drooling around 1-1 at no point when 1-2 means disqualification and will try to dictate the tempo and bite once and sit behind the score. Bordeaux is very effective in that kind of game, while Olympiakos can be very good with 0-0 as a scoreline, but if they concede first, I think we will even have some subs and a total focus on Sunday's game already. I see value in scores like 1-0 or 2-0 for Bordeaux, but I am hesitant to back them at 1.55 or try any asian handicap on them. Odds are too low for that.

Re: Champions League 16-17 March how about Barcelona today? I'm seriously thinking on placing high stakes on Barca to score 4 or more @4.00 with bet365 Zlatan is back, Messi red-hot, I think they are certainly capable of doing so Last year far stronger Bayern lost 4-0 at Camp Nou so I think Stuttgart has no chance, really Any comments?

how about Barcelona today? I'm seriously thinking on placing high stakes on Barca to score 4 or more @4.00 with bet365 Zlatan is back, Messi red-hot, I think they are certainly capable of doing so Last year far stronger Bayern lost 4-0 at Camp Nou so I think Stuttgart has no chance, really Any comments?
I wouldnt play a bet of this type with high stakes..im thinking of playing the -1 handicap but still playing with it in my head, the chances of Barca scoring 4 goals are prob pretty slim, particularly in a game like this..but its obviously up to you, i dont think 4.0 is very good odds for this to be honest..

Re: Champions League 16-17 March What's with all the after eventing about how poor the price on Chelsea was? :eyes Regarding today's games. Doesn't matter if either home side wins 5-0, the prices are far too short for this stage of the CL, and the AH prices for them to win big are just as worse. Won't be getting my vote. I was, however attracted to the corner handicaps...... Barcelona - 4 Corner Handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet. Although, I don't personally feel Barcelona need to win the game. A 0-0 would put them through, by reading recent comments by Pep Guardiola, I think they will be going all out to get a decent sized win. Whether they achieve that is a different matter. Barcelona have beaten a -4 corner handicap here against Rubin, and Kiev. Only managing to beat a -2 corner handicap against Inter, which isn't very surprising to me. I have absolutely no idea how Stuttgart will approach this game tactically, as they need at least a goal to progress. Either way, I can see Barcelona getting forward quite frequently, and racking up a fair few corners in the process. Olympiakos + 2 Corner Handicap @ 1.95 - BET365. Olympiakos are NOT out of this tie imo. They may have lost one nil, but a one nil lead, even an away lead is still a very slender margin for Bordeaux. Olympiakos beat a + 2 corner handicap away to AZ and Liege. One of which they drew, the other they lost. The other was Arsenal, which they lost quite spectacularly. Bordeaux only beat a corner handicap at home against Juventus. I can just see Olympiakos getting forward more than the straight win odds perhaps suggest they are likely to. Interestingly, Bordeaux have only beaten a - 2 corner handicap at home in Ligue One against, Valenciennes, Le Mans and Boulogne. Three of the weaker opponents from Ligue One.

how about Barcelona today? I'm seriously thinking on placing high stakes on Barca to score 4 or more @4.00 with bet365 Zlatan is back, Messi red-hot, I think they are certainly capable of doing so Last year far stronger Bayern lost 4-0 at Camp Nou so I think Stuttgart has no chance, really Any comments?
I'm siding with Magenta slightly. I don't think four are particular good odds for Barcelona to score four because it's an expected outcome. However, I don't see how that type of bet can be priced up adequately. How would you price up the odds on Barca to score four goals? By how many times they have scored four in a competitive fixture this season I presume. Barcelona have scored 4 goals or more on 8 occasions in 43 competitive fixtures this season. A little over 18%. Odds of 4 imply a 25% probability obviously, so you might decide that that price offers a fair amount of value. You decide whether that is the case, and GL with your bet if you take it :ok imo, there are so many factors to take into account when deciding whether Barcelona are likely to score more than four goals in this particular CL fixture. The main one being the occasion, and the fact Barcelona don't NEED to score a hatful to progress to the next round.

imo, there are so many factors to take into account when deciding whether Barcelona are likely to score more than four goals in this particular CL fixture. The main one being the occasion, and the fact Barcelona don't NEED to score a hatful to progress to the next round.
Obviously Barca dont need to score a hatful to get through to the next round, as you correctly say they can go through with a 0-0 scoreline..however neither did Arsenal or United last week, maybe Arsenal were a bit different as they were losing from the first leg, but they went all out for goals and I dont see Barca approaching this tie any differently than these sides, they are all fairly similar in that the only way they know how to play is by attacking, maybe more so barca than the other two..if anything you would prob also say (before the second legs were played) that Stuttgart were the weakest opposition that any of those sides would play.. I know you were responding to the question of whether Barca would score 4 or not, and that is obviously a very difficult question to answer, dont think anyone would take this bet at those odds though, its a long shot.. Does anyone watch Stuttgart on a regular basis? How are they likely to approach the game tactically? We obviously know quite a lot about Barca due to the exposure they receive, but apart from the first leg i havent really seen much of Stuttgart..

I'm siding with Magenta slightly. I don't think four are particular good odds for Barcelona to score four because it's an expected outcome. However, I don't see how that type of bet can be priced up adequately. How would you price up the odds on Barca to score four goals? By how many times they have scored four in a competitive fixture this season I presume. Barcelona have scored 4 goals or more on 8 occasions in 43 competitive fixtures this season. A little over 18%. Odds of 4 imply a 25% probability obviously, so you might decide that that price offers a fair amount of value. You decide whether that is the case, and GL with your bet if you take it :ok imo, there are so many factors to take into account when deciding whether Barcelona are likely to score more than four goals in this particular CL fixture. The main one being the occasion, and the fact Barcelona don't NEED to score a hatful to progress to the next round.
Thanks mates for your comments, your reasoning Jase is pretty convincing. But I decided to take a shot on these 4 goals, I am just very impressed with the way Barcelona is playing at home and since it's CL quarter-final, I'm sure Barcelona will not underestimate Stutgart. I also watched a couple of Stuttgarts games in the recent time and find their defence very leaky. And the goallie.. Lehmann is certainly not the goalkeeper who can face such force as Barca's attack, and I expect at least one goal to be conceded on his fault. Of course, this bet is very risky, as the odds suggest, and 95% of the time I'm on the odds 2.5-3.0 accumulated, but this time I just feel I could be lucky And I'm not underestimating the fact that Barca don't need to win, let alone by such a big margin. Let's see :) Good luck on your bets lads!!

Does anyone watch Stuttgart on a regular basis? How are they likely to approach the game tactically? We obviously know quite a lot about Barca due to the exposure they receive, but apart from the first leg i havent really seen much of Stuttgart..
I watch them sometimes and they are playing open football, like most of the german top teams. They concede at least one in every game. I'm not sure if they can come out and defend at Camp Nou, I just think it's not of their character. And I'm pretty sure that they will score..

..... And the goallie.. Lehmann is certainly not the goalkeeper who can face such force as Barca's attack' date=' and I expect at least one goal to be conceded on his fault.....[/quote'] Are any bookies offering odds on Lehmann to get the first yellow card ? ;)

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Sevilla -1.5 :@ Chelsea -1.5 :@ Barcelona - Stuttgart over 3.5 @ 2.28 pinnacle It is 1-1 from the first leg and judging by the way they played at home, Stuttgart are not a team to be dismissed in the second leg as they gave it a real go in the first leg and could have scored more. So doubt they will change their approach since no one expects them to win this game. Barcelona are the tournament favourites and should win this game, especially when you have players like Messi who are in top form. Expect him to turn it on at home and get them through this tie. However, before that happens, there could be quite a few goals in it. Barcelona prepared for this game with a 3-0 win over Valencia with Messi getting the hattrick so expect them to continue their goalscoring spree while Stuttgart have scored and conceded in 4 of their last 5 CL games, and they will have to attack from the start given that Barcelona has the advantage with the away goal. Stuttgart's cause is helped with the possibility that Puyol may be out of the defence, while Barcelona can score on anybody, especially as they can hit Stuttgart on the counter who will be pressing for a goal to get back in the tie. Bordeaux -1.5 @ 2.59 pinnacle Having won the first leg 1-0 and with an away goal in their favour, Bordueax can sit abck and wait for Olympiakos to come at them. Howevever doubt that they can breach this defence that has allowed only one goal in their last 5 CL games, while Olympiakos have not scored in their last 2 away games in the CL. Bordeaux may not be playing as well in Lique 1 as they have seemed to save themselves for the Cl, much like Liverpool did several years ago. They have won their last 5 CL games and have scored twice in their last 2 home CL games, so liking the look of them to beat Olympiakos by at least a couple of goals as the Greeks may be more focused on their domestic game with rivals Panathinaikos on the weekend. Blanc showed as a player that he has a good football brain and has taken this on board as a coach too. Expect him to get his tactics right as a quarter final spot beckons, and an early goal will demoralise his opponents which may then see a few goals follow on

Re: Champions League 16-17 March Barca v Stuttgart - Under 4 Cards To Be Shown @ 17/10 Hills Not much reason for this bet another then I don't see this being a 'feisty' game, of course missed time tackles can lead to cards but I don't see any stupid bookings being necessary assuming the game pans out the way it should.

Like others have mentioned the price doesn't seem to reflect the wager in my opinion. That and I would want to play a safer bet, seeing as for any team to score 4+ goal at this stage of the CL and later is a big ask. I do take your point that Barca destroyed Bayern last year, but that was a side to naive for it's own good. I just can't see Stuttgart being as easily opened up tonight. That being said, you seem confident in your convictions and I wish you luck on it mate.
What's with all the after eventing about how poor the price on Chelsea was? :eyes
Hindsight makes Kings of us all ;)
Barcelona - 4 Corner Handicap @ 2.1 - Skybet. Although, I don't personally feel Barcelona need to win the game. A 0-0 would put them through, by reading recent comments by Pep Guardiola, I think they will be going all out to get a decent sized win. Whether they achieve that is a different matter. Barcelona have beaten a -4 corner handicap here against Rubin, and Kiev. Only managing to beat a -2 corner handicap against Inter, which isn't very surprising to me. I have absolutely no idea how Stuttgart will approach this game tactically, as they need at least a goal to progress. Either way, I can see Barcelona getting forward quite frequently, and racking up a fair few corners in the process.
Add in the fact that they represent Spain's last participant in the competition, playing at home and an opportunity to rub salt in the wounds of Real - and you really can't see anything but them going for it.