** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Hurdles System

Guest racemanjack

Guest racemanjack

Here's a new system that I've been working on for a while. It shows some profit but might need to be adjusted from time to time. As the name suggests it only covers Hurdle races. I know most people use a level staking method for systems but I'm not a professional and generally delude myself that a progressive plan works best for me. I know all the ins and outs but am going to use a very simple plan for these bets. Everytime I lose I will add one point to the next bet (there will never be more than one selection a day, if that) but every time I win I will take two points off next bet. This helps keep things moving. Anyway enough of that. Here's the first one: 6.35 Port Moreno - Claiming Hurdle (Class f) 2m. Worcester 1 point staked.

Guest racemanjack

Re: Good luck Thanks Onedunme. Unfortunately one did do me today. Mine came in second about a length and half back but didn't really look like winning. I think the next jump meeting is on Sunday so an enforced break until then Bank = -1 Cheers Jack

Guest ONEDUNME

Yep Yes I watched the race and that's a pretty accurate (and honest) assessment. I'll be back on Sunday for the next one. :ok :o k

Guest racemanjack

Re: Hurdles System OK lets get this moving: 2 pts on Stage By Stage at Hexham in the 2.10 Novices' Hurdle (Class E). Cheers

Guest racemanjack

Re: And a profit..... Thanks again Onedunme. Its nice to get a score on the boards. 2pts win @ 5/4 = 2.5 pts. I never said what the starting bank was but will make it 100 pts. Current bank = 101.5 pts I was so darned sorry for poor old Corky that I hadn't the heart to touch my breakfast. I told Jeeves to drink it himself.

Guest racemanjack

Round Three After seeing this post some people might think that the selection critera revolves around McCoy's shortest priced mount. Its just coincidence honest! As a matter of fact I do have a system that is based on McCoy (and higher priced rides) but that's for another day. Today's selection is Global Challenger in the 7.15 at Newton Abbot 2M 6F Novice Hurdle. 1pt Win Cheers, Jack

Guest racemanjack

Selection Well done Ondunme. If I can get near your success on the perfect system I'll be happy enough. Today's selection : Gimmick MRas at 2.40 1 pt Handicap Hurdle (Class B) Cheers Jack

Guest racemanjack

Sunday's Selection 1 pt win Monksford - 2.10 at Uttoxeter Handicap Hurdle (class E) 2m4f Not a system selection bet, but very close to being one is Mister Moussac in the 4.55. Seems to be racing on equal terms (taking into account weights etc I mean) with the favourite but the jockey can claim 7lbs. This should give it a good chance of scoring three times on the trot. And at 9/1 its a good EW bet. Cheers Jack

Guest ONEDUNME

Yes You are a fukcing genius:clap Won at 11/2 but this time I wasnt on it. Hope the 455 one gets a place though, Ive just backed it each way at 12/1 :ok

Guest racemanjack

Re: Yes Onedunme, Thought we'd had it on this one but Mister Moussac just scraped in to a place :D Just as well one fell at the last. But they all count. Anyhow the profit on the selection to 1 pt was 5.5 so Bank = 114.5 Cheers, Jack

Guest racemanjack

Here we go 1 pt to win on Its Definite in the Handicap Hurdle (Class C) (4yo+,0-130) Football Crazy meets all crirtera also and would have been selection if not odds on. Cheers, Jack

Guest racemanjack

Re: Here we go Well I manged to completely screw that one up. Its Definite wasn't quite so definte after all. In fact it was defintely a load of shite. At the same time Football Crazy won at 11/10. It was odds on this morning but drifted. A lesson learned (I hope). Bank = 113.5 Cheers, Jack

• 3 weeks later...
Guest racemanjack

Re: congratz Thanks TrebleKing. No doubt about it Stage By Stage is small but useful, although races are less competitive at this time of year which helps. Profit = 3.75. Bank = 115.25 Cheers