Mistral Sky - 9.00 Wolverhampton tonight

I had a phone call from a mate who was at Wolvo just after this horse just lost out in a race back on the 19th of this month. Mistral Sky was well off the pace and also encountered trouble in running but finished with a wet sail to lose out to Blythe Spirit by only a neck. Mistral Sky had been off the track for 2 months prior to that and may have had a few cobwebs to blow away, but with that run under his belt, the strong pace expected in tonights race shouldn`t find him out. My mate also mentioned how animated the jockey, Ian Mongan was as he was unsaddling, he was heard saying "next time, next time" and he even gave himself a whack with his whip in frustration. :o Apparently the stable lad also looked like he`d lost a fiver and found a penny so it would be fair to assume a fair chunk of stable money went on it. Strangely enough, Steve Drowne is on board tonight ;) It`s running over the same trip of 6f, you know what you`re getting with this solid horse and there`s no reason why it shouldn`t have another big run. The Racing Post tip it and it will be about the 5/2 mark.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Mistral Sky - 9.00 Wolverhampton tonight Time to give this one another chance methinks :hope 5.15 Wolv - Mistral Sky It`s over an extra furlong today but that wont cause any problems. We knew it had a shocker LTO but here`s what the RP had to say about the race and I have to be honest I never saw the bother that happened in running. .......................................................................................................

WOLVERHAMPTON (A.W) (30 Oct 2004)

Standard

9:00ladbrokespoker.com Handicap (E3) (3yo+,0-77)
[off 9:01]£3,443.70, £1,059.60, £529.80, £264.90(5f216y) 6f
ANALYSIS: Willhewiz caused a concertina effect of interference when coming over from his outside draw early in the race, a manoeuvre which cost his rider a seven-day ban for careless riding. Probably the worst sufferers were the last two to finish, Beejay and Mistral Sky. ....................................................................................................... There ya go chaps, make of that what you will :ok