2010 Formula One World Championship

Last year I tipped Brawn to do well (click here) though I failed to put my money where my mouth was!! . That's because the bookies and most punters don't hear about testing (or realise the ramifications) until the evening news. This year many of the cars have already been shown. McLaren in particular looks really good, instead of going for last year's Red Bull nose (which most teams have done), they also have a sharks fin that extends to the rear wing and many other cool features. But today is the first day of testing. If McLaren, Schumacher (or anyone else) blow everyone away today then I would put money on them immediately and lay off in the evening or later :D This is the best thread to follow for news: http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=116947

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2010 Formula One World Championship Today is the last day (3rd) of the first test. Here are the general thoughts by F1 afficionados: - Ferrari look up there, as do McLaren (with Hamilton at least). - Mercedes is also probably up there but may be lagging slightly behind. - McLaren may even be sandbagging. People are waiting to see a low fuel run from Hamilton. - Sauber are the big surprise so far by posting consistently good times. Unlikely to be championship challengers but definitely not far behind. - Alonso got up to speed extremely quickly in his first test in the Ferrari today - Very early days yet, but so far Button is not yet matching Hamilton in the McLaren. Yes, it's early days but you could look at Alonso and he is already up to speed The wildcard is Red Bull (who are not participating in this test). Nobody has any idea how fast they will be compared to everyone else. Most people think they should be challenging for the championship. Also, Adrian Newey is regarded as having got to grips again with championship winning aero since last year. Given the engines are frozen (development-wise), all that matters now is aero (and fuel consumption). Who would I bet on? Massa is still consistently underpriced. I surmise that this is due to public perception of him, being in the shadow of WDCs. And yet in 2007, 2008 and 2009 he has not showed any quarter given against Kimi. So I think a good bet at 9.8@Betfair. Also I'd go on Red Bull as a pure speculative bet. Either it will come in or it won't. Vettel is 8.2@Betfair. For all we know, come the next test they could "do a Brawn" and blow everyone away. Why do I think this? Because Newey is known as the best aerodynamicist in F1 when he gets it right. Look at this year's cars and nearly all are featuring the unique nose that he designed last year. Would be hilarious if he changes concept entirely and everyone is forced to play catch up again.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.