Making a Tissue - a Shortcut ?

I've had a few days off from the daily grind of form study due to work committments.........but the old brain has been ticking over and I think I've found a good shortcut for punters who want to go down the route of forming their own tissue Look away now Ginge !.............;) OK.......when I've tried this before my usual problem is where to pitch the favourite, ie trying to decide wether it's a Evs or 3/1 chance and how much bigger the odds should be for the 2nd Fave, 3rd Fave etc down my pecking order. I'm usually ok at getting the horses into a rough pecking order, not so good at evaluating that order in terms of % chances and actual odds My idea is this....... Take a Pro tissue like the Post.........convert the tissue odds to % using the 'Table'........add them up to get the over-round Tomorrows Class 3 handicap at Kempton adds up to about 120%. The top few in the market are..... 9/2 Glow star 5/1 Seek The Fair Land 6/1 Autumn Blades and so on down to 25/1 Vintage Next step is to amend all these forecast prices to a 100% book - in this case increase all the horses odds by about one-sixth So now we have....... 11/2 Glow star 13/2 Seek The fair Land 7/1 Autumn Blades and so on down to 33/1 Vintage Now here's my shortcut - you retain these odds because you know they represent a 100% book - but you shuffle the horses round according to your opinion So start with the first 2 - if you think Seek has a better chance than Glow, move Seek up to the 11/2 slot and Glow down to the 13/2 slot If you think one of the 12/1 shots has a better chance than Autumn Blades, move that one up to the 7/1 slot and all the others go down one In other words you retain the prices but move the horses ! What do you reckon ? ps that's it - finished now !

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.