The Sod a Sandwich Thread

fintron

Hiya guys, in the past I haven't often ventured into this section of the forum much but I stumbled across it again today and was impressed with some of the threads in here. :ok It looks a great bit of fun so I've decided to have a crack at one myself. The reason for the title is that as of today I have to decided to stop going out for my dinner to buy sandwiches and to make them myself :lol Firstly cos they're unhealthy but also because it will save me money, money that I am using to fund this thread - I won't miss it if the thread goes pearshaped. All the bets will be racing ones, I'll be looking for bankers that I feel stand the best chance of winning their races and they will most probably be the ones I nominate as my Best Bet of the Day in the ATR section. In the last week I have picked six such bets and landed winners at 8/13, 11/10, evens, 9/2, 9/4 and 7/2 but because horses in that sort of price range aren't usually my cup of tea, I haven't even been backing all of them :$. I now think I should perhaps have something on them, even if it is a couple of quid a time. The aim is to use the sandwich money to back these selections, and see where we get with it (the law of sod probably means the winning run will come to an end tomorrow and a six bet winning run will turn into a six bet losing run!!). The aim is to start with a £25 bank and bet 10 % of the bank on each bet, with the stake adjusted at the end of each day when the bank is updated. Assuming I am betting every day I aim for three winners a week, as I believe it will take a horrendous turn of luck to be backing horses in the 1/2 - 3/1 range if 10 losers in a row are suffered and wipe out the bank. If I was able to add a zero to the starting bank and turn this into £250 then I'd be delighted but I think its important that if I don't think there is a particular banker on a given day that I just walk away from the racecards and have a bet free day (easier said than done!). Here goes :hope

Re: The Sod a Sandwich Thread Bet 1: 1.20 Lingfield Wicked Daze - not a massive Jamie Spencer fan but the horse looks to have strong claims and I'll be upset if even Spencer can't give a good account here. Prices between 1/2 and Evens have been matched tonight on Betfair but I'm holding out for a price with a fixed odds firm so I can get a best odds guarantee. Will add the price taken in the morning. Stake £2.50

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.