6 Nations Rugby

Guest WelshGarth

Guest WelshGarth

Hi All Todays the big day for us boyos from the valleys as the 6 Nations kicks off once again with a home game against the scots. Been trawling through Bet265 for bets on this game and catching my interest I found this: Team to score Last Wales 1.66 Scotland 2.10 I think it's likely if the game goes either way that Wales will be the last team to score. I fully expect us to beat Scotland comfortaly and we certainly have an edge over them in terms of fitness from what I saw in the World Cup. The scots have improved in the celtic league this season but I'm sure a welsh team cheered on by 80,000 in Cardiff will have loads of confidence and will take them. Even if Wales are down during the game they will be applying pressure at the end and will surely record the last score. As far as France Vs Ireland are concerned I was having a look at the first score market, France are favourites and have very short odds but I was interested in Ireland to score a penalty first, the French are notoriously ill disciplined and may even give a penalty away straight off the kick off, have a little flutter on Ireland at 2.75. The first score will surely be a penalty of some kind ;) Are there any other decent teams playing this weekend?

Guest Adrian the First

... garth,what do you think of wales -7.5 at around 1.65 and france -11.5 at 1.5-ish. any good? i'm afraid us romanians don't know too much about rugby - as seen in the wc last year:unsure so please show me the light :notworthy

Guest Paddypunter

Handicap Betting Bet of the weekend for me has to be France (-15pts) in the handicap against Ireland. Ireland are really going to struggle with Wood and O'Driscoll and I can see a possible repeat of the match 2 years ago in Paris when they lost by around 40 points. I have gone for a large single on this at the usual 10/11.

Guest Irish TW

6 Nations Rugby Paddy Punter are you my long lost cousin?! ;) A value bet may be the 1st score to be an England try v Italy (will check prices), I remember last year they didnt bother kicking the penalties for goal early on and the 1st score being an England try was something like 6/4.

Guest WelshGarth

6 Nations Rugby Cheers Paddy nice little bet, been following it for a while now in the first scorer stakes and it's done me proud, look out for it tomorrow as well with englandshire playing ;)

Guest WelshGarth

6 Nations Rugby PS Adrian - after a disaster in the WC I'm off handicap betting. The bookies seem to get it just about right and there's never any value in it. I don't like to sweat so much when winning/losing money ;)

Guest Irish TW

6 Nations Rugby I got a suprisingly high price of 3.3 on betfair on the 1st score of the match being an England try. It will be interesting to see what Englands tactics will be should they win a penalty early on. May possibly lay England HT-FT at 1.13-1.15 ish, you never know, we may have a repeat of the Samoa game!

Guest DoctorOfDanger

Re: 6 Nations Rugby Well done Garth. Nice predictions there. Felt Wales deserved to win by more than 10 given the way they dominated the match. Should bear in mind how poor Scotland were before there is still more talk of a 'new dawn'. I still don't believe Gareth Thomas could kick a bad habit let alone a rugby ball and most teams will give Harris a lot less room than he got on saturday. Also, the lack of power and size of the two Williams boys might hurt in defence. Still you can only play what is in front of you and their attack-minded play was wonderful to watch.

Guest WelshGarth

6 Nations Rugby Aye their playing in the great welsh tradition alright. I felt they were lacking in the lineout against scotland, a lack of good quality ball from the forwards will hurt their chances against Ireland on Sunday. I agree completely about Thomas although I was surprised to see him catch everything at the weekend, he won't look so comfortable in the next game.