NBA Thursday

Guest abookiesworstnightmare

Well i've been waiting for carmine to start a thread on NBA for today but i don't see any? anywayz, my first bet since a month b4 the All Star game we ended up looking like this YTD 34-15 + 17.02 Units Tonights play Sonics -4 @ 13/14 Canbet Risking 2 Units, 6er's are sucking bad lately and are pityful on the road Sonics ait much better as late but i expect them to cover 4 i expected the spread o be about 6.5-7. :) Oops so it is Thursday :rolleyes I'm at work and i'm tired, thats my excuse anyway :b

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday Glad to see you posting! Very nice record but it's Thursday :) I started a thread today for the trades and was going to post my selection in there, but will put it in here if you don't mind. I was also going to put a few second half plays in tonight after going 2-1 last night! CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday Going right to my selection now and it is on a late game: Mid Term Play: Boston +4 This line jumped a point and it may have been over reaction to the Celtics shipping James to the Pistons, but that may even play in favor of the Celtics tonight. Ricky Davis will start alongside Pierce tonight which should give the Clippers fits on defense. The Clippers are finally home after a nine game road trip and it is always a lesson to fade a team back from a road trip, even though they had the break in between I still like it off back to back games. The Celtics are 36-20 ATS as an underdog off a loss and 7-1 ATS on the road after a double digit away loss. The Celtics are looking for revenge for a loss in Boston earlier this year and the Clippers are just 1-6 ATS in the L7 against the Celtics and 3-5 ATS at home with no rest. The Celtics win this game outright tonight as Pierce and Davis go for 30 or more each. If people will be around for it I will post second halves tonight if not have a good night!:ok CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday GT +5[/]b This play has about 3-5 lessons that I will come back with just wnated to get it out in time. If anyone is playing 2nd Halves. CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday Halftime Lessons #1 Play against a favorite that just has to win the game in the second half to cover the second half line. #2 Play against a favorite that is favored by more in the second half than they were in the entire game. #3 Play on a team in the second half that were down by nine or more in the first half, but lead at halftime Not a really strong play with the lopsided shooting % at 55% for GT to just 36% for Maryland but still a play. Also play on the Over 79.5 in this second half as a smart money play! CB

Guest King Jeff

Re: NBA Friday

#2 Play against a favorite that is favored by more in the second half than they were in the entire game.
Out of curiosity, how often does that happen? The sites I use for basketball (will hill and 365) are pretty standard in making a second half line one half of the game spread. (eg a team favoured by 4 in a game would have a line of 2 in the second half)

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday Well since college basketball started I have it aprox (I may have missed an occurrence) 17 times with it winning at 10 games, a nice clip. Tonight's example Maryland closed at -4 ( a public move from the open at 2.5 another sign to go against) and at the half they were favored by 5 so it fit nicely. This is a bit rare in my opinion because you will need a favorite to be getting beat at the half and in the most part soundly. I think you have a distinct advantage with books that make the lines even to the one set at gametime and should be able to make some serious money from them in the long run. Hope this answers your questions and if youo have more feel free to keep them coming! CB

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday Well going to add a Smart Money Play on the Sonics -4, I am also going to add a first half play on the Sonics -2, but not without some breakdown. Early in the day Seattle was the public play on the board as they rose to -5 but since then have drropped a full point and it maybe because the trade deadline passed and no one moved. This was not put out to my customers for the very reason that it opened as a public play and it is rare that a public play makes a late turnaround to a smart money play, but that is the case here. The Sonics are off a double digit win, while the sixers a double digit loss and those trends are in bad shape for the sixers tonight according to these. Philadelphia is 1-13 ATS off a loss by 15+ points and Seattle is 12-4 ATS off a win by 20+ points There is also some obvious problems between the Coach Chris Ford and Allen Iverson which could cause some team problems tonight and in the next few games. I was angry all day from the shootaround on," Iverson said. "Going in there and having a meeting and being with some guy that I don't really know, telling me that I wasn't going to start and what I have to do for us to be successful ... "I was just upset about being here eight years and somebody being here for one game and benching me." Finally Seattle is 27-16 straight up at home after a home win and will have the motivation to take care of the sixers who have problems responding when they trail on the road. CB

NBA Thursday well it's half time now and the score is 59-49 Philly, Seattle Shooting 51% and philly 44%, Seattle 60% from beyond the arc and Philly 33, 2 Rebounds in it and 1 assist. TURNOVERS 13 Seattle 5 Philly, Seattle only been to line 5 times compared to Philly's 24 if seattle have any chance to win this game they need to stop fouling and turning the ball over so easily. I would Side with 2nd Half, Seattle -6 And under 97.5

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Friday Pending a huge second qtr comeback by the Sonics a hedge could be in order here. They both are shooting at 50% after one, but the SIxers have more hustle and drive to the basket as they have created five more turnovers and the Sonics are on pace to have 36 for the game! They also have gone to the free throw line 13 more time, so it is a good sign at this point the lead is only 7 after one. The Sonics to control the ball and get aggressive or this will be out of reach for the game. CB:drums

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: NBA Thursday Not touching Seattle at all in fact the hedge with Philly is in effect here (seattle favored by more than the opening line) CB

Ouch that was a bad night wouldda gone 0-3 if i'd of bet em thankfully i guess just 0-1 g,nite all and gl with the celt's carmine it aint lookin good for either of us :rolleyes

Guest Carmine Bellini

Re: Ouch Busy night Tonight: GT 2nd Half (W) Over GT 2nd Half (L) Seattle f/h (L) Seattle game (L) Philly 2nd Half (W) Boston game (W) Boston 2nd Half (W) Over 4-3 Last Night 2-1 Total: 6-4 60% Free Picks @ PL Hope all did well and keep track of the lesson as it has now hit 12 out of 19 times 63% (2-0 tonight):nana Carm