New to football betting, but an interesting idea

Hi all. I usually bet horses, but have taken an interest in football. Around 7 months ago I immersed myself in horse racing, and found it quite easy to become quite knowledgeable.. but with football there is so much more information to get my head around. This idea was given to my father by a friend, and I am interested in your guys expert opinions. You pick 2 matches, the odds for a home win have to be above 2.00 and the higher the odds for the away the better the game. You then place these 2 matches into 4 doubles, ensuring you cover every win or draw for the home team. I never got the chance to talk with the friend who's idea it is, but I think the reasoning behind it is this; With odds lower for a home win, the bookies are expecting a home win. By picking 2 matches the bookies expect to win, and placing doubles on every combination, you are hoping the bookies expectations are correct. I have no idea how this will work, or how I can go about backtesting it, as I have no experience with football data. Iv had a look for tomorrow, and i have identified the following 2 matches:

3 Jan 10 - 15:00 Sheff Utd v QPR 2.10 3.40 3.40
3 Jan 10 - 15:00 Hibernian v Hearts 2.10 3.30 3.50
I have placed the following doubles on these games:
Sheff UTD Beat QPR
Hibernian Beat Hearts
Sheff UTD Beat QPR
Hibernian Draw Hearts
Sheff UTD Draw QPR
Hibernian Beat Hearts
Sheff UTD Draw QPR
Hibernian Draw Hearts
Anyone have any idea how this would work out? Thanks in advance.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.