6 Nations Weekend

Guest WelshGarth

Guest WelshGarth

It's the second weekend and here's what stands out for me in the betting market: Ireland Vs Wales (Wales +10 poits) Bet 365 I had expected a smaller handicap than this as I can't really tell these two teams apart, other than I believe the Irish forwards have a slight edge. Working in Wales favour is the return of Mcbride and Sidoli which should improve the lineout which I thought was woeful against Scotland. Also the fact that our Captain Charvis is injured is a huge benefit, as his replacement is the excellent Jonathon Thomas. Charvis has been as much a hindrance as a help in the past but Thomas is one of the stars of the future and was simply class in the World Cup. Ireland welcome back the influential and dangerous O'Driscoll in the centre and they will surely seek to disrupt the potent welsh backs to stop them scoring as they did against Scotland. All in all I expect this to be a tight game with lots of penalties kicked and a lot of territorial kicking from Ireland and stylish running from the welsh backs. For me I'm taking Wales with a 10 point head start. First Scoring market is 2.75 Wales penalty and 2.5 irish Penalty. This really could go either way but my money is again with wales. Here's a link to some more info BBC Rugby

Re: 6 Nations Weekend How about HT/FT Wales/Ireland @ 7.50? As I said before Wales style of play will get them found out against better teams the longer the game goes on, just like it did in the World Cup against England and New Zealand. They're capable of leading at half time here, but can they hold on?

Guest WelshGarth

6 Nations Weekend That's not a bad shout and would seem to be good value. Can't argue with the reasoning as well, I'm not confident of a welsh victory in this game just that it will be closey fought.

Guest DoctorOfDanger

Re: 6 Nations Weekend Hard luck mate, but heres a bet that might cheer you up! Betfair have Wales for the Wooden Spoon at 15.0 :eek Bear in mind that Italy have Scotland at home next, while they have played their two toughest opponents. Wales have France at home in two weeks, which will be beyond them, followed by a trip to Twickenham (God help them!) and then host Italy in the last round. I can't see them beating France, which would leave them going to Twickenham on the back of two (probably comprehensive) defeats to face an England team either smarting from a loss to Ireland (:b ) or more likely going for the Triple Crown en route to a 2nd consecutive slam. Another heavy defeat and they have 7 days to prepare for an Italian side with it all to play for. I think the fair odds here should be about 4.0 or 5.0 at most. Get on boys!