Golf: European Tour 2010 - HSBC Champions

RussP

Ok, I'm really looking forward to the European Tour 2010. Being Ryder Cup year too, there should be plenty of thrills & spills along the way. We are already 2 events in but it all gets serious in the new year, the next tournament beginning on the 7th Jan. I'll look at keeping this to 1 thread throughout the season & just update the title for each event:ok Anyway, just wanted to start the thread with a bet in the Race To Dubai market. O.Wilson to win Race To Dubai, 1pt EW @ 66/1 Ladbrokes (1/4 odds 1-2-3-4) Will he win it? Probably not but surely this price is too big to ignore, especially with the EW rewards on offer. Oliver Wilson is a golfer I admire and is a pretty solid player who finds an awful lot of greens. Very consistent, missed just 4 cuts last season and just 1 in the last 13 events of the season. Is improving year on year and I feel this could be the one where he really comes of age. Has yet to win on the Tour, despite multiple 2nd place finishes. Once he gets over the line, more will follow and he certainly needs them in this, Ryder Cup year. Currently world ranked No.39 and will look to improve that just as he has done for the last 4/5 years. On the European Tour, he has finished 97-71-30-11-7 in the past 5 seasons, showing steady improvement. His 7th place last year saw him achieve winnings of over €2M, just €500K off 4th place - a win would change that this season. Interesting too that, of the Top 10 in the race in 2009, he was the only one whose position wasn't boosted by a win; each of the other 9 scored at least 1 victory during the season. Of the 6 that finished in front of him, they are all trading at 16/1 or less in this market for 2010 so, at over 4 times the price of his main rivals, Wilson looks to be the stand out EW value.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.