what would you do in this spot?

jedinight7

PokerStars Game #36878118179: Tournament #239010515, $3.00+$0.30 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XXVIII (15000/30000) - 2009/12/18 19:30:43 ET Table '239010515 196' 9-max Seat #3 is the button Seat 1: ped1 (771428 in chips) Seat 2: GOLD-RIVER-6 (884197 in chips) Seat 3: remonabed666 (392605 in chips) Seat 4: storblomma (725404 in chips) Seat 5: gedsys (385496 in chips) Seat 6: tintifax2007 (402726 in chips) Seat 7: bananaflower (433018 in chips) Seat 9: Jessi&Ingo (1169824 in chips) ped1: posts the ante 3000 GOLD-RIVER-6: posts the ante 3000 remonabed666: posts the ante 3000 storblomma: posts the ante 3000 gedsys: posts the ante 3000 tintifax2007: posts the ante 3000 bananaflower: posts the ante 3000 Jessi&Ingo: posts the ante 3000 storblomma: posts small blind 15000 gedsys: posts big blind 30000 *** HOLE CARDS *** Dealt to gedsys [Ad 8c] tintifax2007: folds bananaflower: folds Jessi&Ingo: folds ped1: folds GOLD-RIVER-6: folds remonabed666: folds storblomma: raises 60000 to 90000 gedsys? forgot to add im new to the table this is only 2nd hand there..so no reads

Re: what would you do in this spot? It would help if we knew more about the tournament structure. I see that you're pretty deep (since the blinds are at level 28) so you should be way into the money; without any reads you can take the nitty route, fold and wait for a better spot to push and maybe creep your way up the payout ladder. However your M is only 5.35 at the beginning of this hand so if you're looking to challenge the big stacks and get a top 3 position you should definitely shove here with Ax. This is especially so if the blinds are about to go up.

Re: what would you do in this spot? Yeah, with just over 10xBB, and blinds likely to be going up at some point soon, I am shoving here. You are a better player than I am though, so your judgement far more likely to be correct. Looks to me like he is testing the new player out on the BB, could have a hand he could play but won't neccesarily do so if re-raised with the all in.

Re: what would you do in this spot? My thoughts were, My ace was ahead of his range, if i shove I can win the hand there and then, if not ive got an ace to fall back-on, I shove he calls, he shows KJ, and spikes a jack on the flop :) I was still pretty happy with the play though. next time i will spike an ace hehe

Re: what would you do in this spot? This is a horrible, I had a similar hand a few weeks back there was 18 left in a $5 rebuy on stars 7k to first I was second in chips. 3k entrants. Tables break up and I go straight into the big blind I can't remember what the blinds were but they were big at this time I think I had about a million chips. It's folded to the small blind who was chips leader he raises 4x bb and I have AK diamonds. I just ship the lot in for some reason and he snap calls with queens obviously I miss and he takes like a 2.8million pot and goes onto win the tourney. This hand still haunts me, never will I reship in this spot here again with no reads.