NBA Tuesday

Guest TazaD

Guest TazaD

19-16-1 Sacramento -10.5 League: 14-8-1 (Av. win 17.3) home 10+ fav, 1 day off 10- ats win as home 10+ fav. [sac] (3-1 season) 22-11-1 (Av. win 16.2) any rest 13-5-1 (Av. win 17.3) if opp last at home. 8-2 (Av. win 21.7!!) if opp was home dog. 10-3 (Av. win 19.6) if opp off an ats loss as any dog. League: 14-20 (Av. loss 12.5) away 10+ dog, any rest off 10- ats loss as home 4- dog. [LAC] Sac: 10-3 this season, home fav 9-12. (27-10 last 3 years) 4-1 this season when total 210+ (23-9 since '96!) LAC: 7-18 this season after a non-conf game. I know this is the NBA, so logic doesn't tend to come into it , but Sac just beat Phoenix at home by 14. The Suns shoot better and play better D than the Clippers.

Guest cd3tops

lakers... forget that the early price on the lakers is -7.5 at atlanta does that not interest any1 e;lse!!! lol thanks for the play tazza

Guest TazaD

Re: lakers... Good luck with those Lakers cd3tops. As I've said before, I just don't trust them as road favs at all! Even at shitty old Atlanta. Won't count on record, but playing Denver -2.5 (Laddies). As high as -5.5 elsewhere!!..and I think that's a bit more realistic. Kidd out for NJ. Denver really should notch a victory here. Also Miami -4. They have a geat record as home fav (11-3 I believe ats) and again, no reason why they can't get a win and pull the small line v. Toronto, whether Carter plays or not. There you go. No stats/trends/systems/whatever! Just some good old fashioned logic! :unsure

Guest mattsthebest

Re:bugger! I can't believe how stupid I was to take Lakers over Atlanta, not even bothering to find out that Bryant was missing from the lineup.:x I mean Atlanta is a bad team, but they do tend to play well at home, and 8.5pts handicap is huge, let alone 4.0+ for the out right win. I really don't get what the bookies are thinking here? Oh well too late now, as the game has started, and Atlanta are looking good! Just my luck.:banghead

Guest TazaD

Re: Re:bugger! What were the bookies thinking?....To be honest they were thinking "roll up and back the Lakers all you suckers!!" [sorry Matt...I sure don't want to rub it in...Hey, it's not even HT yet, plenty of time to go.] But, it's the Lakers. (bozzer and jock know where I'm going with this!) The Lakers are ALWAYS over-valued. You'll notice I don't play many games involving them, because they are generally favoured by 1-2 points MORE than they should be. Why? Because people LOVE the Lakers. The public bet more money on them than any other team. (Why were they favoured by 6 over Sacramento the other night!??!) What were the bookies thinking tonight?...over 67% of people (at a concensus site) where on the Lakers tonight. Because they are a 'star-studded team' playing a bunch of duds? No more handicapping required right? It will be a walk over. I don't doubt that LA will win tonight, but I doubt whether they'll beat the -8.5. Oh, and for this reason LA are currently 10-20-1 ats on the road this season. Again, sorry Matt. That wasn't directed at you specifically, just a general rant. Be afraid...Be very afraid!! :spank

Guest TazaD

Re: Re:bugger! Just one more of my Laker Theories!..... (Although this one doesn't count today because Kobe is out) A lot of Lakers' games are a whole lot closer than they should be/need to be. I often get the distinct impression that Kobe likes to keep games close so he can be a 'hero' down the stretch. (Hit a couple of big shots...maybe the game winner!). I know there are plenty of big/crazy ego's in the NBA, but it does seem to happen alot in games involving LA. Just a theory! :D

Guest TazaD

Logic! See where logic gets you in this League? :banghead :cry Think I'll stick to playing the averages from now on! (Although Sac looking decidedly shakey atm anyway!)

Guest abookiesworstnightmare

NBA Tuesday Thought the nugg's would take care of that bad line myself, but obviously not to be Night all