Ford Championship @ Doral

Bit of a struggle this week. Phil Mickelson has shown that he is getting back to his best, but not prepared to take single figure prices. He doesn't go to Doral too often, and he has never had a top20 finish here. Of the other market leaders nothing really stands out, Perry is up in the betting because of his form last year rather than his form this year, Toms is playing terrible, and just because Parnevik has put a couple of rounds together his price has been dramatically chopped!! Anyway going for Steve Elkington (66/1 generally available). A Previous winner here and although he has had a couple of years where he hasn't done much, he is yet to miss a cut this year, and a return to a winning venue willl hopefully spur him on. Over to 'Yer Man' and 'ROON YIN' :ok

Guest Yer Man

Ford Championship Been looking at the course for this one 2damnhype and it seems to suit hit fairway, greens in regulation golfers. Length off tee not that important. Looked at Verplank,Frazar, and Baird 33,50,50/1 with PP. Verplank straight hitter who has had more birdies than anyone else this year( rubbish in matchplay in fact embarassing final hole with Estes), Frazar and Baird good form this year and both like/brought up on the Bermuda grass greens. Had an ew on verplank and a 1-5 place at 20/1 with Hank Kuehne. Course really does not suit him as he is a big hitter but has shown a bit of form last couple of weeks and dont want to miss him. Agree with th assessment of Toms Perry Parnevick Mickleson and would add Leonard to that list. So Verplank and Kuehne for me

Guest Yer Man

Dubai Couldnt be arsed with different thread. Actually more interested in this tourmament rather than the Ford. Dont fancy anyone who was playing in america so think Els has great chance of winning especially with his record in Dubai over last three years. Betting reflects Woods Clark etc etc in the field fancied a number of players but settled with Forsyth at 20/1 12345 PP as i think ELS will win it so going with the place. Point of this post is that there is a lot of good european players between 80 - 150 /1 and if you dont fancy the guys who have just flew over from America, there is definite good value to be got even for top 5 or top 10 places as an example McGinley 7/1 to finish in top ten and Paul Lawrie 9/1 for top ten finish with PP. Have gone with Forsyth but definite possibilities out there just noticed Richard Green at 100/1 think not sure he has won here or Quatar in the past couple of years will look this up

Re: Dubai Gotta be honest, not a big follower of the Euro Golf (in Dubai:lol ) , but I cannot see Tiger winning this week. He did well to win the matchplay, it is a difficult tournament to win as we said last week, but the intimidation factor must be higher head-to-head than in stroke play. I don't think he played that well last week, and what with being knackered from the journey, and playing all that golf last week, I cannot see him going in this week. The only question is do I have the nuts to lay him at 4.3 at Betfair???????????