** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian A-League: December 16th-23rd

Brisbane - North Queensland over 2.5 @ 2.25 bet365 Pretty good odds for two teams who may be struggling down at the bottom of the ladder, but who have plenty to play for given that a win will send either side up several spots. McKay returns in midfield to give them some more grunt and organisation while Oar's return to the flanks should see some quality crosses for the likes of van Dijk to get on the end of. North Queensland responded well to their coach Ferguson's blast after their loss to Sydney to beat Perth at home. Williams on the left flank will look to continue his good form from last week while McBreen and Fowler up front are a good combination, with Fowler needing just half a chance to put it away. Both sides are not noted for their defence and as the season is drawing to the final stages, believe that both sides need to be more attack minded if they wish to get into the semi finals. Both sides have good attacking players to create and score and believe that this game will feature some goals.

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-20th No offense. And this is not an afterpost (since I didnt bet on the matches). This is a friendly advice. Australian A-league is one of the leagues in the worlds with the most games ending under 2.5 goals. Seriously. Once in a blue moon they might go over 2.5 but not in general. The percentage are higher that it will go under. Maybe the teams suck equally or are equally good. I dont know. It might be the weather downunder :)

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-20th

No offense. And this is not an afterpost (since I didnt bet on the matches). This is a friendly advice. Australian A-league is one of the leagues in the worlds with the most games ending under 2.5 goals. Seriously. Once in a blue moon they might go over 2.5 but not in general. The percentage are higher that it will go under. Maybe the teams suck equally or are equally good. I dont know. It might be the weather downunder :)
Perhaps but yesterday's game should have really gone over 2.5/3.5 and even 4.5 It probably would have been settled in the first half if that showboat Robber Fowler had made an effort, It seemed tha Van Dijk (Cant remember how to spell it) was the only one who wanted to score. Reinaldo, Zullo, Oar and especially Henrique had chance a plenty. Henrique missed some shocking attempts. For Fury, Daal (2nd half sub) should have done better a few times. Watched the game but thankfully didnt have a bet

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-20th Adelaide @ 2.20 bet365 Adelaide -1.5 @ 4.50 bet365 Have Adelaide turned the corner? A 1-0 win over Brisbane on the road may be an indication that they may make a late push to get into the semi finals, as they have some good players but it is their finishing that been their downfall. The players should be more positive coming into this game, and with Wellington without seveal players as GK Paston and Greenacre are injured, while defenders Sigmund and Muscat are suspended, this will give hope to the Adelaide forwards they can score on them. In their last 3 games at home against Wellington, Adelaide have won easily, winning 6-1, 3-0 and 4-1 so like to believe a comprehensive victory is on the cards. Also, Wellington lost 2 of their last 3 away games, losing 3-1 to Sydney and 4-1 to Brisbane so travel is a problem for a side that has 1 win in 9 road games this season.

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-20th watched the hole game ,Adelaide missed like 3 or 4 clear goals after tacking the lead :sad and finally got equalized . no luck here ,but keep up the good work blackcrow:ok btw ,without Colosimo and with Bridge coming back for tomorrow's derby we can expect overish game between Melburne and Sydney ?

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-20th I'll be taking Melbourne at the 2.15 on offer with the TAB if Hernandez is playing. I'll be at the game, so i'll wait until i hear team news at the ground, but if Hernandez is starting i will be putting 5 Pts on Melbourne WIN @ 2.15 (TAB). Melbourne are in some very good form at the moment, coming off a 3-0 win away to Central Coast and a 4-0 win at home to the Gold Coast. Their inspirational captain Kevin Muscat is making his 500th league appearance (with the papers making quite a fuss of this), and i can't see the Victory letting their supporters down in this big rivalry game against Sydney. They have a better record against Sydney over the course of the A-League, and they will be looking to bounce back from their very dissapointing loss to Sydney last time. An important out for Sydney is Simon Colosimo, he absolutely dominated Melbourne's star striker Archie Thomspon last game, and he will be sorely missed by the sky blues, who look a much better outfit with Colosimo in the line up. For that reason i will also be looking at Thompson in the goalscoring markets. But again, this will all hinge on the fitness of Costa Rican Hernandez who has been struggling with an ankle injury. If he fails to make the starting line up, this game will be a No Bet for me. GL:hope

I'll be taking Melbourne at the 2.15 on offer with the TAB if Hernandez is playing. I'll be at the game' date=' so i'll wait until i hear team news at the ground, but if Hernandez is starting i will be putting [b']5 Pts on Melbourne WIN @ 2.15 (TAB). Melbourne are in some very good form at the moment, coming off a 3-0 win away to Central Coast and a 4-0 win at home to the Gold Coast. Their inspirational captain Kevin Muscat is making his 500th league appearance (with the papers making quite a fuss of this), and i can't see the Victory letting their supporters down in this big rivalry game against Sydney. They have a better record against Sydney over the course of the A-League, and they will be looking to bounce back from their very dissapointing loss to Sydney last time. An important out for Sydney is Simon Colosimo, he absolutely dominated Melbourne's star striker Archie Thomspon last game, and he will be sorely missed by the sky blues, who look a much better outfit with Colosimo in the line up. For that reason i will also be looking at Thompson in the goalscoring markets. But again, this will all hinge on the fitness of Costa Rican Hernandez who has been struggling with an ankle injury. If he fails to make the starting line up, this game will be a No Bet for me. GL:hope
im going to the Etihad Stadium for this one too, and will have a little wager on Melbourne tho its purely for extra enjoyment rather than educated investment, looking forward to it, you can get 2.38 on 188bet for the home team which seems a decent price.

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-20th melbourne look a decent team and shouldve won tonight, so many chances but some of the worst finishing ive seen, reminiscent of watching english non-league football, but their passing was lovely at times, its a big pitch that melbourne have and clearly they look to play an attractive game, just a bit frustrated this evening without that little bit of quality in the final third, fantastic stadium they got here in melbourne, definately reccommend it!

No offense. And this is not an afterpost (since I didnt bet on the matches). This is a friendly advice. Australian A-league is one of the leagues in the worlds with the most games ending under 2.5 goals. Seriously. Once in a blue moon they might go over 2.5 but not in general. The percentage are higher that it will go under. Maybe the teams suck equally or are equally good. I dont know. It might be the weather downunder :)
Does the ball tend to bobble (when about to take a shot) more so on Australian pitches than in Europe and elsewhere? You hear the players saying the standard is about equivalent to The Championship, which I take that as meaning it's probably no better than League-1??

Does the ball tend to bobble (when about to take a shot) more so on Australian pitches than in Europe and elsewhere? You hear the players saying the standard is about equivalent to The Championship, which I take that as meaning it's probably no better than League-1??
The pitch quality is not as good as most in europe mainly because the games are played in the Australian summer, as opposed to the european winter, meaning the pitches are harder. And also most of the venues are multi purpose (meaning they get more traffic from different codes than most grounds in the UK). The heat is also one of the reasons why the games can be perceived to be being played at a slower pace. On the question of quality, i have heard a lot of players mention the lower half of the championship as a good comparison, but i think it was Paul Ifill who gave the best analysis of the quality of the A-league. Saying that that it is a league where the standard of players varies much more than the any of the english leagues. According to him, instead of saying the league is of the quality of the championship, it is more a case of having players who could play prem, championship, league 1, then also players who would only be non-league players in the uk. On the game last night, Melbourne dominated, didn't capitalise, hit the bar in the 1st minute. IMO it was a mistake letting Ney Fabiano go after selling Allsopp, they would be much more of a threat if they still had a physical presence up front alongside Thompson. There's just something about Kruse and Thompson up front that doesn't seem right.

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-23rd Sydney @ 2.00 centrebet Sydney are second on the table and are coming off a very good draws away to the top team Melbourne. They have won 4 of their last 5 games at home and smashed North Queensland 4-1 last time at home after coming out very focused and determined from the opening kick off. Central Coast have lost their last 3 games and have allowed at least 2 goals in each of them (3 goals for and 8 goals against in these 3 games). They are not playing with confidence and seem out of sorts with their normally reliable defence all over the place. Expect the form that Sydney is in to continue their misery and with a win here, they will go equal top with Melbourne, but will have played one game more.

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-23rd I'm tempted by the over 2.5 @ 2.15 given that the mariners have had overs in their last 3 games, and their 3 matches last season had 14 goals. But that was when Sydney were under Kosmina, and they are a vastly different side now. With Colosimo back in defence for Sydney, i'll probably err on the side of caution with that one. Sydney's home games are usually low scoring affairs under Lavicka. Whilst their last 2 meetings this year ended 1-0 and 0-0 respectively. If their is an early goal, i could see it being a goal fest. But personally I see Sydney winning this 1 or 2 nil. Medium Stakes: Sydney WIN @ 1.90 Low stakes: Sydney FC 1-0 @ 7 Sydney FC 2-0 @ 8 Mark Bridge first Goal + Sydney FC 1-0 @ 26 Mark Bridge first Goal + Sydney FC 2-0 @ 31 I'll be taking CCM in the youth game @ 2.30 as well. Kerim Bulut is the top scorer for Sydney (very good player), and is not playing today. CCM have a very strong youth team, 2 points clear on top of the table and beat Sydney F.C. 3-1 earlier in the season. Whilst first teamers Elrich, Clark and Kwasnik will all be starting for CCM.:hope EDIT: All bets with Bet 365:ok

Re: Australian A-League: December 16th-23rd

I'm tempted by the over 2.5 @ 2.15 given that the mariners have had overs in their last 3 games, and their 3 matches last season had 14 goals. But that was when Sydney were under Kosmina, and they are a vastly different side now. With Colosimo back in defence for Sydney, i'll probably err on the side of caution with that one. Sydney's home games are usually low scoring affairs under Lavicka. Whilst their last 2 meetings this year ended 1-0 and 0-0 respectively. If their is an early goal, i could see it being a goal fest. But personally I see Sydney winning this 1 or 2 nil. Medium Stakes: Sydney WIN @ 1.90 Low stakes: Sydney FC 1-0 @ 7 Sydney FC 2-0 @ 8 Mark Bridge first Goal + Sydney FC 1-0 @ 26 Mark Bridge first Goal + Sydney FC 2-0 @ 31 I'll be taking CCM in the youth game @ 2.30 as well. Kerim Bulut is the top scorer for Sydney (very good player), and is not playing today. CCM have a very strong youth team, 2 points clear on top of the table and beat Sydney F.C. 3-1 earlier in the season. Whilst first teamers Elrich, Clark and Kwasnik will all be starting for CCM.:hope EDIT: All bets with Bet 365:ok
CCM just won the youth game 2-1:clap Also a stat about the upcoming game. Six of Sydney's 10 wins this season have been by a single-goal margin. :ok GL