Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec

2.00 Huntingdon Peterborough Chase Haven't had time to do the race in any detail but i noted Tom George's comments about Tartak after its first two runs & they expect a lot more this time out hence the quality of the race it is in. This is the horses best trip on its favoured ground. Also has a course win to its name over this trip :ok Had a small win bet @ 10/1 bet365 (bog) 2pts win

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 210 Ludlow – Just Smudge – each way - BANKER PLEASE

Just Smudge comes into this in form having won by 7 lengths last time out. Up 4lb’s for that but the useful apprentice jockey takes off 5lb’s to help negate that. The stable won this last year and peaked in December – they look like doing the same again – Venetia Williams had 2 winners on Tuesday so could be hitting some form.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 1.00 Huntingdon Calusa crystal- This 4 runner race looks a match bet between miss serene and calusa crystal and at the forecast prices calusa crystal strikes value in my eyes, the form of miss serene's 2nd has been let down and i didnt like the way she didnt seem to want to go past rory boy so i'll take the selection to out battle her again. 1pt win calusa crystal

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 6.30 Kempton Typical class 7 handicap for apprentices you cant get much worse, but topcroft appeared to win with a huge amount in hand in first time visor and on handicap debut, 6lb penalty likely to interfere to much with another good run especially with jockey effectively able to claim 2lb of that back today (was already claiming 3lb last time out gets to claim 5lb tonight). Only concern would be the trip it is his first try at 6f but if ridden with a bit of zest up with the pace like last time he should be totally fine against this poor lineup 1pt win topcroft

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 2.00 Huntingdon - Peterborough Chase With Albertas Run and Deep Purple carrying 10 lb penalties as a consequence of class 1 wins at Ascot and Wetherby respectively, I think Tidal Bay looks the one to beat at the weights. He is best in at the weights on official figures and if the breathing operation he underwent in the summer has helped him rediscover his touch he could be tough to beat as a dual Grade 1 winner, rated 166 at his peak. Henrietta Knight has farmed this race in previous renewals and Racing Demon bids for his third win in this contest, but his last win in this came against one other rival and this looks tougher. Deep Purple dispelled doubts over his stamina to land the Charlie Hall with a late burst of speed just when the winner looked to have outstayed both Tamarinbleu and himself, and although he is probably more effective over this sort of trip, he won't get an easy lead again with Herecomesthetruth in the field. Something Wells is a good handicapper but may be put in his place in this company and Tartak looked a good prospect at the start of the season but has something to prove off the back of his last two efforts. In the Old Roan chase he jumped poorly, and was well held in the Paddypower Gold Cup when last seen. Alberta's Run looks the main danger. He is a previous course winner, winner of the 2008 RSA and showed last time out he has the pace to win races over shorter too. The niggling doubt I have over him is whether he can give 10 lbs to Tidal Bay if the latter is truly coming back to his best. He jumped well in the main in the Old Roan and although couldn't grind down the winner, Monet's Garden is a horse that goes best fresh and was given the run of the race. Howard Johnson's yard have been flying this week and it could be time for Tidal Bay to finally register a tick in the win column for 2009. For comp purposes, 1 pt win Tidal Bay.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 13.35 Fairyhouse This is the best chance yet for Cadspeed to break his duck over hurdles. Willie Mullins is slowly working his magic and he was just pipped last time out at Navan. Todays going will be heavy, as it was at Navan last time out , but Cadspeed won two bumpers at Gowran Park in heavy going so the conditions shouldnt be a problem. 1pt Win CADSPEED :cow

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 220 Taunton: Tito Bustillo The best novice race for me is the Class 3 event at 2.20, The Betchworth Kid's debut was eagerly anticipated but for didnt look a natural and the race he won was a very weak affair although a Class 3 which means he carries extra weight here, Tito Bustillo ran well in a much better race at Cheltenham and his win at Chepstow was a good effort, it looks a two horse race. The market has The Betchworth Kid installed as a short priced fav but just hasnt done enough yet to warrant that.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 1:00 Huntingdon - Calusa Crystal - Back I know I'm taking a chance backing against an odds on shot, but I'm convinced the 8/13 available on the fave is way too short. My selection has been in fine form, winning 3 in a row before coming 2nd on the last 2 occassions. Those 2nds have come behind top class horses, horses in a different league to today's fave. I think that given the errant jumping the fave showes in places on his chase debut, the 5/2 on offer for Calusa Crystal is too hard to resist 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec Huntingdon 2.30pm Kerada 1pt lay I have concerns about this lay at the end of races with it not having enough in the tank to take the win add this with 3 others that imv have a good form score and a few in the field that can spring a win at good odds the lays odds are value as are 3.80 at the mo on Betfair,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 12:30 Huntingdon Peppertree Lane Was favourite and defeated last time out but has shown ability recently over the hurdles, This horse stays well on the flat and with a slight step up in trip and with 3lb down on his weight and ground suits, i think this horse will prove itself today. 20/1 seems a decent price! will also be expecting Bob mountain in this race to go well Peppertree Lane 0.5pt E/W

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec Taunton 12.50 - Raider Of The East (LAY) 2pt Super Nap Now with Beautiful Vision out of the game I really don't understand why Raider Of The East is such shortly priced. I cannot see this in his paper. In my opinion Brigadore or Watch Out will win this race. I was thinking to put a back bet on Brigadore, or may be Dutch it with Watch Out, but after I saw the price on the "fav" I decided my definite lay. :hope

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec Bet – THE BETCHWORTH KID – Taunton – 14.20 Classy looking race this, and one in which The Betchworth Kid will be hard to beat, despite carrying top weight. The stable have come into a bit of form, and the class this horse has should see him make a big impression on the National Hunt scene. A really consistant horse on the flat, with a near 20% win ratio, TheBetchworth Kid made a solid start to his hurdling career last month at Plumpton, where he won after travelling nicely throughout the race. The ground was heavy that day, and he should be able to handle the conditions he will meet today. He can easily get the trip, and finished really strongly in the Plumpton race. That race should have him right on form for this, and despite it being a step up in class – he should be very hard to beat.

WIN

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 2.00 Huntingdon - Tartak I am quite surprised at this price. Tartak was never going to do anything special at Exeter and Cheltenham. He loves these flat fast tracks though. Won here and at Kempton last year. Beat Deep Purple and Planet Of Sound at Aintree off level weights. Getting 10lbs from Deep Purple and yet is twice the price. Planet Of Sound would have probably beaten Albertas Run if he was not carrying 6lbs more at Ascot and again on that form Tartak should beat Albertas. I know form sometimes doesn't work that way, but off just 11st and running over ideal conditions, Tartak can run a big race tomorrow. He came there with a challange in the Paddy Power, but over 2m5f on soft, he was never going to stay. Ran quite well in the Arkle to finish 5th. This is his game though. Flat track, better ground and getting weight. Yard has been going close with their runners without winning. Double figure price is certainly worth a bet. If there were 8 runners I would have been quite heavily e/w.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec

Taunton 12.50 - Raider Of The East (LAY) 2pt Super Nap Now with Beautiful Vision out of the game I really don't understand why Raider Of The East is such shortly priced. I cannot see this in his paper. In my opinion Brigadore or Watch Out will win this race. I was thinking to put a back bet on Brigadore, or may be Dutch it with Watch Out, but after I saw the price on the "fav" I decided my definite lay. :hope
Awesome win for Brigadore. I put a small back bet on it after all :dude:dude:dude

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 1.20 Taunton: Triggerman Win Not normally a fan of backing a novice with a penalty in these kind of events especially when up against a Nicholl's horse. However, reckon that the his newcomer will have to be fairly decent to lower the colours of the two that have already won. With giles Hawkins' claim offsetting the penalty today I am going to take on the favourite with philip Hobbs horse Triggerman. Has never been out of the places all runs and both runs for this yard have been decent - 3rd on debut then win LTO. Conditions and trip should be no problem so happy to go with this one for the win.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec CRACBOUMWIZ 1.50 Taunton. 0.5 points each way. Has to prove himself over fences, but apparently schooled well enough and is proven on the soft ground. The distance shouldn't be a concern and the fact he could go and improve for fences makes him appealing at around 8/1. Obviously has a couple to beat, but I expect him to jump well enough and make a good race of it, so at the odds he looks an each way shot to nothing.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 310Ludlow Louis Ludwig Supernap 1pt ew I backed this at 25/1 this morning and 15 minutes later it was 8-10/1 partly no doubt cos Mr Taylor has apparantly put it up but I dont think he was resposible for the collapse in the price . Its Hcp debut lto was I think to establish if it would get the trip and this is a flatter track. The conditional jok is not very experienced but has 1 win from only 4 rides over hurdles for the trainer. I do still have some concerns on breeding about it getting home in a truly run race but at the price I am prepared to take the chance.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 3:10 Ludlow. Ballabrook. 1 point LAY Won last time out, and as that was a conditional riders race he escapes a penalty, which a number of papers are suggesting it makes him a "good thing". Possibly, but I have my doubts. I'm not convinced he is an entirely genuine horse, and is prone to not putting in the effort if not in the mood. Today's race is over a longer trip than he has previously encountered and the going is a little softer than when he won that race last time, so he is going to have to prove his stamina. I have another question mark over him too. This is a race for amateur riders, and in such races I often find the standard of riding is as important as the standard of the horses. The selection's jockey has had very few rides and is yet to finish in front. I may be doing him a disservice, but I suspect that lack of riding experience might be of importance today if the selection is in a stubborn mood.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec cantabilly 250 taun. 2 pt win s nap. 2nd the last twice and should go one better today. trip and ground suit and should have race run to suit. timmy murphy a good booking with whats needed in the saddle. should be 1st or 2nd at least.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec Kemp 4.00 - Blue neptune - win Be a surprise if anything outside of the 3 market leaders won this and I'm going for Blue Neptune, who races up with the pace and has won over this CD in nursery company Wanchai Whisper is usually held up and might need luck in running. He's also won over this CD but was noted as running awkwardly around the right hand bend. He got away with it that day, but might not if he does it again. Think he might be better at Lingfield. Kings of leo has shown a bit of temperament in his last couple of starts, slowly away or pulling hard. He's already had 10 races and might have had enough

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 6:00 Kempton Jumping on the bandwagon from the Kempton thread, haha. Was on Fathsta last time out and got very unlucky. Was trapped in, then inside final furlong managed to get to the outside and race up into second. Marked it down as one to watch for next time. Its running from the same mark - which it proved it can win at. And has Eddie Ahern taking again. Dont fell there is too much danger from others in the race so hopefully it can get a bit of luck today and overcome its bad draw to win. 1pt Win Fathsta

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 17:30 Kempton Moonbeam Dancer taken to do the double over Viper. After a course and distance win here at the end of november, winning by 2.75 lengths with quite an impressive display, she still looks ahead of the handicapper and can see off the other rivals with ease as there are question marks over their stamina. Moonbeam Dancer 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 6.30 Kempton Topcroft 1pt win He won here last time out and at todays distance eight days ago, so he should still be race fit and have something left in the tank for today. Up 6lbs for that win, which is offset by the jockey's 5lb claim. The conditions are similar to his last race and he should give a good show again today. He should also gain some advantage from his high draw too.

Re: Best bet of the day Thurs 10th Dec 6.30 Kempton - Cocktail Party E/W Doubts over the favourite being dropped down in trip so dramatically so i'll take a chance on Cocktail Party. Has been running well of late, going close on last 2 starts and should hopefully appreciate the extra furlong as she's been running on late recently. Is still on a low mark so hopefully everything can fall right for her. Is top price of 10/1 at the moment and is the next best e.w alternative imo.