** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Lingfield 9th Dec 09

12.30 Lingfield On OR Sir Edwin Landseer should walk this BUT that often not the case in these contests, he hasn’t won a race since Nad Al Sheba in December 2004 apart from a dead heat at Windsor in july 2005 and that is a major concern, he was a classy horse in his day but those days are way behind by the looks of recent efforts. So I am gonna go for an e/w banker hopefully on desperate dan, he runs with credit nearly every start on the aw and is well worthy of his OR of 72 which puts him at a fair weight in this selling contest and will certainly appreciate this step back in trip today although a wide draw wont help he is often held up and desperately needs cover (often runs a bit strong for own good) so probably no bad thing. 0.5pt e/w desperate dan (if cant get on at 5/1+ it will be a simple 0.25pt win bet only) 2.00 Lingfield Tough handicap to call with many of these in good form at the moment but gonna side with the less exposed Tiddliwinks who was seen finishing runner up in a slightly lesser contest than this couple weeks ago, he clearly goes well on aw having won his only other start on it his maiden at wolverhampton and although showed little on turf back to aw last time rapid improvement handicap also took note and raised him 5lb but only 6 starts to his name she could be improving and capable of more. So just a small win bet in a tricky contest 0.5pt win tiddlywinks 2.30 Lingfield Several of these are warranted to go well on recent efforts but Im gonna side with one that I feel can offer some value in a tricky affair, Ymir is currently around 10/1 on BF anything like that in the morning will represent a good price in my opinion. His latest 2 efforts have been far improved and has appeared to go better here than at kempton and his form figure of 4th doesn’t do him credit when he stayed on well after getting into a slight bit of bother last time, runs off same mark as last time but has useful enough apprentice on board claiming a valuable 5lb. 0.25pt e/w ymir 3.30 Lingfield Prince Charlemagne appeared to win with plenty left in the tank last time out and a 6lb penalty looks least of his worries in this rather weak line up for the lucky last. He takes a drop back in trip by 2f today which he is just as effective over, he also enjoys his trips to lingfield having won 6 times from 25 runs here, and if he is anywhere near back to his best he is potentially well handicapped having won off marks as high as 80 rated just 61 now. 0.75pt win prince charlemagne

Re: Lingfield 9th Dec 09 12:30 Lingfield My original selection of the race was going to be Desperate Dan who absolutely loves the all weather with 10 wins and 12 places from 37 runs but his odds are too short for me despite being back down to a mark of 72. George Baker rides the track very well with a 16% strike rate and he takes the ride today. This gives my vote to The Magic Blanket who has 2 course and distances wins from 2 runs. These have both came in handicap company. Was a bit out of his depth in three class 5 handicaps since but back to this track may rekindle his form and he could be back in the winners enclosure. He is 5lbs higher than his 2nd win here but is 6lbs lower than his maiden win at Kempton back in March 2008. Has had a 5-6 month break but proves he goes well fresh since the first of his course and distance wins came after 4-5 month break and his maiden win came after a 6 month break. Also has a nice draw in stall 4 and I expect him to run a big race. 1pt win The Magic Blanket @ 8/1 (Stan James - BOG) 13:30 Lingfield Very Well Red could get back to winning way here today after losing his way a bit on the turf. Won over course and distance back in March off a mark of 53 with today's 3lb claimer on board. Is only 3lbs higher here in which he finished 4th off of at Southwell in his only race on the All Weather since his win. Also won very easily off a mark of 63 on turf over the distance at Bath so is 7lbs lower than that win (10lbs if you count the claimer). Wunder Strike is a big danger having won over course and distance LTO, only raised 4lbs for that but will take a career best to win off this mark. French Art won over the distance at Kempton LTO and is raised 6lbs but jockey takes 3lbs off of that so is also a big danger. Ymir has been beaten by both the last 2 mentioned and is still a maiden but should have places claims. 1pt win Very Well Red @ 15/2 (WillHill - BOG) 15:30 Lingfield Bell Island is a three time course winner over 1 furlong further with all 3 of the wins coming this year off marks of 67, 69 and 73. Richard Hughes was on board for the wins off 69 and 73 and takes the ride again today. Only 1lb higher than his last win but 1lb and 5lbs lower than his 2 wins with Hughes on board. Has won over today's trip on turf before in a Maiden off a mark of 73. I fancy him to notch up a 4th course win here today. Prince Charlemagne won over course and distance LTO so should be dangerous but has a 6lb penalty to carry. 1pt win Bell Island @ 7/2 (WillHill - BOG)

Re: Lingfield 9th Dec 09 Oh how right you was Chris on Sir Edward Lanseer. rated at least 10lb superior to any of them in the race. going easily in third, and Sweeney finished fast in third and the horse was still on the bridle..i hate talking through my pocket but that has cost me...

Re: Lingfield 9th Dec 09 3.30 The 2 market leaders are hard to separate imo, but i'm slightly favouring Bell Island. However, at the current price i dont think he is much value. At a bigger price i really like Where's Susie who is massively over priced imo. Only 21 starts to date with a few of them being over fences she is now back down to her last winning mark. That win was here at Lingfield, at close to this distance and was pretty comfortable. That was 4 starts ago, since then she's been tried over fences, in a class above this and off a higher mark where she placed and at the 2m trip where once again she placed. It now looks like she's got the conditions to suit once again and 12/1 looks massive to me. Another one that has interested me is Star Choice. This gelding returns to the a.w after a pretty disappointing summer. Last a.w campaign was fairly decent with a couple of wins and 4 places. He won a class 6 at Wovlerhampton back in March off 4lb higher mark than this, plus the jockey takes 5 off today. Also had a number of decent place efforts off much higher marks than this on the a.w including here at Lingfield. Could get 33/1 earlier, is now top price of 25/1 but is still great e/w value imo. Where's Susie E/W Star Choice E/W