Advice needed on serious play

thegreatdom

Hi guys Need some advice on what to do. I want to try taking poker seriously i started playing about a year ago just depositing doubling up then withdrawing, now i would like to have a set bankroll and take out any money i make over that limit. I tend to play and feel comfortable on limits 0.50/1 and 1/2 nl hold-em. I tend to multi table also with a maximum of 4 tables going with a minimum of 2 tables. How much would my bankroll need to be? and do people think that this would be a good idea? Thanks

Re: Advice needed on serious play Recommend this article to you :ok http://www.pocketfives.com/poker-articles/basic-bankroll-management-2425952 An aggressive bankroll (i.e. relatively high risk of going bust) would be about $3000 ($200 x 15) A more conservative bankroll (i.e. lower risk of going bust) would be about $9000 ($200 x 45) The "problem" I view with your format is that you deny yourself the opportunity to move higher if your play merits it. You should also not avoid moving to lower stakes if your bankroll requires it. As an alternative proposal, how about: - sticking to the bankroll requirements you decide upon from the article - playing strictly at the highest level you can afford within your bankroll. This may mean moving up (and down) far more dynamically than you currently expect. - Withdrawing your rakeback from your bankroll every month for your income. This will give you a far more balanced income.

Re: Advice needed on serious play If you want to do poker full time then you'll need minimum 30buy-ins for your limit but if you just 4 table then half of that might be fine. Personally i don't keep much online now for security reasons so i view my bank account as an extension of my bankroll that's there if ever needed but each to their own.

Re: Advice needed on serious play Your bankroll is defined as the total amount of money you have available to you to play poker with - it doesnt specify where it's held - so definitely agree with Nade - dont keep any more in the poker room than you need to :ok I cant really offer any constructive guidance on where may be better for aggressive and where may be better for conservative players - especially at the levels you are talking about (which are way above my level) - just a couple of thoughts: Game softness (or otherwise) reputedly listed here - http://www.bonuswhores.com/game-quality-grid.php - no idea how they calculate it, or how accurate it is - At short handed NL200 , they reckon the best games are at PKR (not practical for multitabling) and merge. My feeling is that a dedicated poker room like Full Tilt will generally have a higher standard of play than a network which has a lot of bookies attached. How confident are you that you are a winning player at this level? (i.e. how many hands have you posted a profit over?) Do you want to share your alias on here? (no worries if you dont)