** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

NHL 19/3 Fri

1-1 last night and some loss suffered. YTD update reads 126-144-26, +23.34 pts, +7.33 per cent yield THERE MAY BE NO PICKS TOMORROW AS I'LL BE OUT OF TOWN FOR TWO DAYS. Three fancies tonight, although I was seriously thinking of backing Nashville as well mainly thanks to excellent H2Hs, but their last win dates back to March 4th. Minn (ML) to bt NYI @ 2.72 *Pinn* 2 PTS Back to normal as Pinnacle Sports have the best prices around again. Can't understand the price here at all as all books tend to oppose the Wild and overestimate the Isles. BUT, the Wild are 4-0-3 in L7 and won three straight, which means they are the hottest teams of NHL at the moment. On the other hand, the Isles are doing their best not to qualify for the playoffs. They are just 2-4-1-2 in L10, badly off the boil and just 4 pts ahead of the Sabres in the plyoff race. The Wild can nurse their outside playoff hopes at the same time. H2H record reads 3-2 in favour of the Wild (1-1 @ NY). Importantly, NYI are playing their first homer off a tough road trip and had some travelling between any of their last 10 matches. Both teams in their 3/4 games, but the NYI's situation is considerably worse. A nap of the night for sure. ML taken as a draw wouldn't help either side. Car (ML) to bt PITT @ 1.97 *Pinn* 1 PT The Canes won 5 of their L8 matches and are a surprisingly hot package at the moment. The Pens have been doing quite well themselves, are 3-0-1 @ home and were riding their 6-game unbeaten streak until they lost big time LTO. H2Hs may be the key to this one. The Canes are 6-2-2 vs the Pens in L10 (3-1-1 @ Pitt) and 2-0-1 this season. SJS (ML) to bt ANA @ 2.03 *Pinn* 1 PT The Sharks's are enjoing what you would call plain sailing once again while the Ducks' season has come to a halt of late). Difficult to oppose a reasonably hot team with a bunch of underperforming players who have lost three and tied one in L4 while still in with an outside chance to make the playoffs - just like the Rangers. I guess they have already booked their flight tickets to the Carribean. H2Hs read 5-5-0 (2-2 @ Ana), but the Shars won L3 after losing 2 on the trot this season. Totals - had a few fancies but found out books are getting cleverer and cleverer which means there is no edge in tonight's unders/overs to be had. That's it. T.

Guest Fin090

NHL 19/3 Fri You may remember last week I was really confident about <5.5 in the Preds-Blues game and it finished 1-1. Well tonight I have the same feeling about Preds-Oilers, this game is absolutely HUGE for both teams. The Preds are clinging onto a playoff position by the skin of their teeth and the Oilers need a win just to stay in contention. H2H this year are 2 unders and 1 (convincing) over so this doesn't really give much indication. However I am a Preds fan and can tell you Vokoun is on his best form since before the all-star break and maybe of all season. The new Oilers goalie Markkanen has stopped 77 of 83 shots in three starts which is pretty decent. The stats may not really back this up but I've gone <5 @ 2.0 (bet365) and am at the very least confident of a push.

NHL 19/3 Fri Best of luck - stats really give no clue in this game and although it's not down to Vokoun or goalies only, Nashville are terrible 0-2-3-1 which is surely far from a convincing kind of form. Edmonton are on fire though, but H2Hs are 4-1 for Nashville in L5 @ Edmonton. In fact, I guess this match can go either way, but @ least the price on the under is decent enough for you.:)

Guest Fin090

NHL 19/3 Fri Yeah, Nashville really aren't that bad though. They threw away a lead to tie 4-4 with the Flames, went to Detroit and played a great game, leading all the way only to end up losing in OT and then picked up a great 2-2 tie in Vancouver, all very tough matches. They've been a little unfortunate recently and I must admit I'm tempted to go for Nashville to win tonight, maybe +0.5.

NHL 19/3 Fri Fin090 - FYI, they were on my list as I said well above (one of the first sentences in my picks post), but couldn't find anything to persuade myself to pull the trigger. +1/2 @ 2.00, that is. But I wouldn't feel too comfortable backing them against such a monster winless streak and against a fired up opposition right on their heels in the tough PO race.;)

Guest Fin090

NHL 19/3 Fri Yeah I saw what you said and understand why you don't feel comfortable backing them just like I wouldn't be comfortable backing the Wild against the Isles who are fighting for their playoff position. We're at the business end of the season and this could well be the most important game in the history of the Nashville Predators, luck has deserted them recently but they've picked up points in btoh games of this road trip so far and have done well against Edmonton this season, including a road win.

Guest Fin090

Re: NHL 19/3 Fri oh man, 0 goals after the first 30 mins and I was feeling pretty confident, now there's been 8 goals and still 7 min remaining. :( Nevermind, go Preds, 4-4.