** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Aussie Corner 20/21st March

Guest Citizen Kane

Guest Citizen Kane

Weekends Super12 Matches Hurricanes 1.35 Sharks 3.05 Margin 8.5 As I said last week I would be opposing the Hurricanes if they had a good win. Having watched the game I believe the cats were the more constructive team and just paid the price for poor execution especially in ball retention. After the Sharks win last week I see value in the 3.05 on offer but am more tempted by the 1.90 on offer with a 8.5 start. Hurricanes will have some confidence and will be buoyed on by the home crowd but the Sharks look the stronger team to me. Bulls 2.25 Waratahs 1.60 Margin 3.5 Bulls were at an advantage last week with the weather against the Brumbies. Waratahs will be wanting to get something from the trip and after their form earlier I would favour them here. However see little value in the 1.60 or the margin. Game priced right IMO. Highlanders 1.11 Cats 6.00 Margin 17.5 Can't see anything but a Highlanders win here. They will be hurting from the last minute loss last week and should be too strong for the Cats even though I feel the Cats aren't that far away from putting in some good results. I'm picking these results to come when they get back home so will be following the odds on offer to see if they get overpriced on the back of a disappointing tour. With the fickle weather predicted and uncertainty of what the Cats performance will be I couldn't back the margin with any confidence. Chiefs 2.50 Crusaders 1.50 Margin 5.5 Both teams coming off the bye which I believe has done the Chiefs no favours (broken momentum after great win) but is an advantage for the Crusaders in that it has given them a chance to regroup. Chiefs may struggle with their number one prop (Manu) suspended and by welcoming back their captain (Gibbes) will probably drop Ormond who had a storming game giving them the go forward against the Blues. I expect Merthens to control the game and will be going with the Crusaders in this one. Readers of previous posts will know I backed the Chiefs in their first game and had them to cover the margin against the Blues for two winning bets. However I believe they will lose this game and will be taking the Crusaders HTH. Stormers 2.00 Brumbies 1.75 Margin 2.5 Similar to Waratahs the Brumbies will be wanting to get something from the trip. Stormers may struggle to shake over confidence after last weeks win and on this basis would favour the Brumbies here. However see little value in the margin line so will be tempted on the HTH. Suggested bets: Sharks +8.5 @ 1.90 Brumbies HTH @ 1.75 Crusaders HTH @ 1.50 Have backed three away sides which goes against the history of home advantage in this competition. However IMO this is where the value is this round. Good luck to all.

Guest Citizen Kane

Super 12 Sharks win 21-20. Good start to the weekend for me. Haven't changed my mind about the other two bets. Weather update for those interested. It appears the Chiefs v Crusaders game will be played in good conditions. Cheers