** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Snooker Championship 2010

Ive just backed S Murphy each way at 9/1 was curious of other peoples opinions. I follow the sport and like to think i have a fair bit of knowledge. There a couple of players that are capable of winning, Ronnie, Higgins, Robertson, Ding, Selby, Maguire etc, currently sitting in 3rd in the world rankings, i think in such a long haul tournament Murphy has the discipline, composure and bagsful of experience now. Ronnie, although been made the favourite and his concentration has improved somewhat, i just cannot see doing it. As mentioned above there a few that could knock at the door, but Mu)rphy has been champion (when he was 150-1 and came from nowhere) before. The only threat i see to Murphy is Higgins however, so £10 on a 9-1 each way shout to me makes sense! Opinions welcomed :beer

Re: World Snooker Championship 2010 Yes i totally agree with you there mate, it is a bit early, but you can also flip the coin into your advantage, will Murphy be 9/1 come the start of the tournament? Thats why i have backed now anyway. It is 5 months away, but it will be the same pack of players that will be fancied. I tell you what though, i am suprised at Trump (33/1) and Hendry (50/1). An each way shot perhaps? Trump has impressed me in the premier league (totally different format i no but still), and Hendry is still ranked 10th in the world

Re: World Snooker Championship 2010 I'm pretty muc with Airliner there. I can't see Murphy going to a world championships a great deal shorter than 9/1, especially if he ends up in O'Sullivan's half of the draw. I think his early season form has been factored into that price already. The UK Champs in a couple of weeks might offer more of an indication.

Re: World Snooker Championship 2010 i no that now :wall i saw him at 7's with one bookie so thought i was on to a winner with 9's!! one thing i will defend about backing him early, i honestly dont think it matters what side of the draw he is in. Ronnie still seems to have this untouchable tag, but i dont buy this any more. The only player i would like to avoid is Higgins in all honesty. im looking forward to the UK champs, would be nice to Trump lift a trophy.