Results & races database

Squirmy

Hello everyone, Sorry to botehr you all but hopefully someone will be able to help me, I was told that this was the place to come with this type of enquiry by my friend dik9. The situation is that I know nothing whatsoever about horses, never have, and maybe never will. Me and a couple of friends do know a fair bit about statistics though so we want to do a bit of analysis on results and trends, more to prove a point about something than to make any serious money. I know that experienced bettors such as yoursleves will have heard this kind of stuff a thousand times before and will probably be thinking that I'm just another idiot trying to unlock the miracle system to print money but please bear with me, I'm not really. We're just doing it for a bit of a hobby to try and see if we can work a few things out for ourselves, it'll probably come to nothing but there's no harm in trying, it may even lead to us taking a bit of interest in the sport in general. So anyway, what I'm after is some kind of database which lists historical results, probably just UK & Ireland for the last year or two and can filter all these results by the standard generic factors; odds, trip, runners, going etc etc etc. We'd then just use these to pick a few trends out if we could. This would do for now but if we do seem to find anything then it'd be useful to have a similar sort of 'live' system for future racing to filter races by the same factors so that these same rules could be applied to the day's racing to pick out matching horses and test the results in real situations. So anyway, sorry if I've wasted your time; if you're thinking of writing something derogatory, please don't as it won't do either of us any good. If you're undecided on whether or not to help me then I'd like to make clear that if anyone could put me onto anything that is of any use to us then I promise to split my first year's losses with you 50:50 :-D Cheers

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.