GOLF: Dubai World Championship

Looking forward to this tournament, and it could well turn out to be a classic finish to the season. The Greg norman designed earth course will host its first ever taste of action this week, as the top 58 players in europe meet up for the seasons finale to see who will be crowned european number one. Only four players can still take the title and what great players they are too. Rory Mcllroy, Lee Westwood and Martin Kaymer all know that a victory this week would ensure the No 1 spot, whilst a victory for Ross Fisher would ensure the title as long as Mcllroy and Westwood finish no better than 3rd. Its certainly game on. As i mentioned, only 58 runners this week so there will be no cut, with the players going out in two-balls in the format of 58th v 57th out first(Dredge v Donaldson) all the way down to the last pairing of Mcllroy v Westwood who lead the standings. I'm not certain but i would imagine these pairings will stay the same untill the weekend, and just looking at them a lot are very evenly balanced, giving us some nice prices to go at in the 2-balls at least. Couple of bets iv'e already picked, and i'l post them later with any others after i look through all the markets.

Re: GOLF: Dubai World Championship 72 HOLE MATCHBETS A.Hansen to bt B.Dredge @ 5/6 Hills These two both have some excellent form out in Dubai which is one of the reasons they are paired up, but Hansen is undoubtably the classier golfer sitting 120 places above him in the world rankings and 38 in this years RTD standings. Hansens recent form is also more impressive than Dredge's, and i fancy him to beat the welshman this week. F.Molinari to bt A.Scott @ 4/5 Ladbrokes Although Scott has shown a return to form over the last few weeks i'm still not entirely convinced he has completly turned the corner after what can only be described as a nightmare season by his standards. On the other hand, Molinari is currently playing the golf of his life and has burst his way into the worlds top 50 sitting 37th. In his last four tournaments he has not been outside the top 17 including a second and third place finish, and finished -62 in total which really is exceptional form. The young Italian also played very well in the middle east at the start of year, and e's a confident pick to beat the Aussie. R.Mcilroy to bt L.Westwood 8/11 @ PP (no tie) Both players are in exceptional form as you would expect with both leading the way in the standings, but it has to be said that Mcilroy finished sixteen shots better off than Westwood last week in Hong Kong on his way to finishing runner up. I think this week could easily be the making of Mcilroy on his way to becoming the No 1 golfer in the world in years to come. He has the chance to become the youngest winner of the order of merit since Seve back in the seventies and i really fancy him to do it. Taking nothing away fom Westwood, i just cant get away from this exceptionally talented kid, and i fancy he can beat the Englishman this week on his way to possibly adding to the Dubai Desert classic he won at the start of the year. M.Kaymer to bt P. Harrington @ 4/5 Betfred The Germans recent form is excellent as his his form in Dubai over the last few years. Another exceptional talent,he still has the chance of winning the title, and the world No 11 has to be backed to beat the Irishman who's not at his best, this week. E.Els to bt P.Harrington 5/6 Boyle Going against Harrington again here with the back in form South African. The Big Easy has an absolutely oustanding record in dubai over the years, and after a frustrating few years there are signs he's starting to produce what we all know he is capable of, and he now seem content enough with where his game is at. A T14 at the Barclays at the start of the month, and a runner up to Mickelson two weeks ago proves we've not seen the last of the big easy, and i'm pretty confident of him having a big week, and beating Harrington in the process. R.Fisher to bt I. Poulter @ 5/6 PP (no tie) Both players in very good form but Poulter has never played well in Dubai whereas the same cannot be said for Fisher finishing 5th T10 and T13 over the last 3 years in the Classic. Different course i know but Poulter has never even came close to challenging in at least six attempts and you would have to say he doesn;t produce his best golf in Dubai. Fisher obviously can also still win the title, and i think the adrenaline that will come from the position he is in, will only help the drive the attacking englishman on this week, and again i fancy him to be at the top of the leaderboard come sunday, hopefully beating Poulter on the way.