Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series

England travel to South Africa to play 2 twenty20 internationals which is followed by a 5 match ODI series. The action begins on Friday so it's time to get the thread started as I'll be off PL on Wednesday and I want to get stuck into this series. Having difficulty copying the schedule into this thread so it's here: http://www.cricinfo.com/rsaveng09/content/series/387551.html?template=fixtures

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: South Africa vs England Twenty20 Internationals & ODI Series Ok the two match twenty20 series begins at 4pm tomorrow, as all this tour is, it's live on Sky. I'm not really sure how many bets I'll have on the twenty20's. I'm not sure I'm a huge fan of them in this mini series, same as I detest 2 match test series. One bet I will have is an outright punt. 3pts South Africa to win Twenty20 series 11/8 Ladbrokes England are improving in a lots of facets in the game of cricket under Andy Flower and it's good to see but one area we don't show much signs of improvement is the twenty20 format. If we look back to the ICC world twenty20, England's campaign was rotten really, beginning as farcically as it ended. South Africa were going along like a train until they did their usual brick shitting exercise when a major semi final came along. Looking into this series and South Africa have home advantage and will be playing an England side who will be depleted with injuries. South Africa A shot England out for just 89 on Tuesday night which doesn't bode well while South Africa come in here and a couple of batting nets against Zimbabwe. As I've often maintained, twenty20's can come down to the captains and it's well known I don't rate Paul Collingwood as a captain. Graeme Smith is as good as they come and I think he'll lead the Proteas to victory in this twenty20 series.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.