Cbetting different board textures

GaF

Re: Cbetting different board textures In every case (except where there is a flopped ace - but remember small sample) it has been more profitable where I have cbet than where I havent cbet. Cbetting appears to be the better play, regardless of board texture :unsure

Re: Cbetting different board textures

In every case (except where there is a flopped ace - but remember small sample) it has been more profitable where I have cbet than where I havent cbet. Cbetting appears to be the better play' date= regardless of board texture :unsure
That's a totally wrong interpretation of the figures, because if you'd c-bet the hands that you didn't you may have lost more on those hands than by not c-betting them.

Re: Cbetting different board textures You shouldn't use that as an argument to cbet any flop though. It's best to cbet depending on your likely equity and ability to get people to fold better hands on flop or later streets. Because at higher limits regs will manipulate pots on how their hand does on the particular board. (although 6/10 regs are pretty bad at doing this)

Re: Cbetting different board textures

That's a totally wrong interpretation of the figures' date=' because if you'd c-bet the hands that you didn't you may have lost more on those hands than by not c-betting them.[/quote'] For sure :ok I put a similar note in to that effect originally, but deleted it before posting as I couldnt get the wording right and felt it would put too much emphasis on the weakness of the figures rather than what we could learn from them. You feel there's no significance at all to those numbers? At the very least, I think it puts an argument in for a very high cbet percentage? Maybe I need two sets of figures - one for the first 5000 hands where I cbet very high and one for the second set of figures where I cbet less :unsure It should be pretty obvious which set of figures is better (the second 500) ..... but .....

• 2 weeks later...

Re: Cbetting different board textures I tend to CBet more where I have been the pre-flop aggressor (which is most of the time) regardless of my two-card holding. I also CBet more aggressively when I have position and it is checked to me as I see this as a sign of weakness. CBetting isnt rocket science, its whether you have the balls to fire 2nd and 3rd bullets when your CBets are called or raised by players out of position ;)