Newmarket - Cambridgeshire Day - Sat 3rd Oct

3.40 Newmarket This looks a mouthwatering renewal of the Cambridgeshire and several familiar faces line up for the 1m 1f contest. Kaolak is dangerous when allowed an easy lead but dominating such a large field here will be hard. With hindsight I don't think he was suited by a sharp track such as Chester last time out. He is a big strong horse, more suited to a straight track where he can use his power to burn them off. I think the handicapper may have him now though and although I have backed Charm School for both of his last runs I feel he wants a trip of 1m 2f to show his best so am avoiding that one too. Sirvino won the John Smith's Cup last time out and has another 9 lbs to shrug off here but so progressive he has been this season - after starting the season on a mark of 65 - you really couldn't put it past him. Nevertheless, there is a slight doubt as to how much he has in hand of the handicapper so for that reason I am swerving in favour of Almiqdaad. Michael Jarvis' Haafhd colt is lightly raced and was better than the bare result of his runs at Newmarket and Sandown in June when he was never able to get into the race. However, stepping up into a large field at Newbury last time he was granted a proper pace for the first time and was a commanding winner infront of the Irish raider Drunken Sailor. He gets into this race under a penalty as a consequence of that win, and as a result looks ahead of the handicapper so is my pick. 12/1 Bet 365, 5 pts win, 2.5 pts place (5 places, 1/4 odds).

Re: Newmarket - Cambridgeshire Day - Sat 3rd Oct 3.40 DOCOFTHEBAY E/W 25/1 (GAR) PP 1-5 Drawn to this one by the jockey booking of Ryan Moore who has a win two seconds and a third from four rides and the fact he has chosen this one over the Stoute 12/1 shot Tryst who he has ridden on four races with same results as above. Trainer in poor form and could do with a pick me up has run this horse in this the last two years slow away last year which is a bad trait that the horse has and was never in it but finished second the previous year. If he get away ok i see this horse as a big player in this today. Will need luck in running but i suppose thats stating the obvious in a field tis size.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.