To Jeffers and other successful Tennis betters!

Hi there, Ive followed a few of your selections in the past (Jeffers) and have been impressed with some of the results. I was wondering if you have a system for selecting tennis match winners of if your selections are more based on intuition or value odds? Do you just watch a lot of tennis and thus know your stuff well to bet on it and do you use sites (atptour.com) to watch player rankings etc. I really enjoyed watching some of the tennis and I like the way you can bet on it, as in there only being two outcomes - a win for one player, or a win for the other (if you get my simple crap logic!) Thats why id be interested in learning more. Id like to hear opinions of others too obviously (ive noticed Matt does quite well on Tennis also) but its just that ive actually followed some of Jeffers' tips. Thanx :ok

Tennis mrmuzeman, Yeah I've been into tennis since I was old enough to watch it to be honest, it's one of my favourite sports. To get my selections I look through the coupon, and first of all check if anything stands out basically through gut feeling/intuition. If nothing does, then I leave it. If I see something that stands out in my eyes, I use atptennis.com to check each player's recent history (checking the strength of the tourny's they played in aswell as the surface). I also check H2H records but only use that if it is recent (last 2-3 years). I think though, that there's a lot of gut feeling involved (for me anyway) in tennis betting. I honestly don't think tennis is a sport you can follow plainly on stats and pure form - there's a lot more to it. (eg. Paul's recent tip where one player has something silly like a 13-0 H2H record). Personally I prefer Grand Slams for betting as they literally are a license to print money (Matt will tell you the same), and I don't think I have ever failed to make a substantial profit from a Slam. I don't tend to get involved with the normal tour events too much, unless the bets really stand out - as you will probably notice, cos I've not had any bets for about 10 days. Bring on the US Open :ok

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.