Tyson v Williams

In a nutshell, Williams doesn't have a prayer. He has no chin or bottle and has fought nobody. Beaten and knocked about 6 times if I remember rightly when fighting Sam for the European title exposed him bigtime. Beaten by Michael Sprott recently too, the guy is completely outclassed even if Tyson is 38 and probably only 40% of the fighter he was. Tyson will knock him out, 1.07 at most bookies, 1.16 at Betfair. Tyson is an animal, Williams is a pussycat, who would you back if there was a fight between a Lion and a koala bear ?;)

Re: Tyson v Williams Paul, have you thought about getting a Punters Lounge logo printed on the bottom of Williams` boots. It could get more coverage than him being upright :lol I agree with you, it`s a mismatch of grand proportion, and 38 or not, Tyson is somebody who still has fire in his belly. I can see Tyson dishing out one hell of a beating to Williams the poor sod. Get a bed ready for him :\

Re: Tyson v Williams Think Tyson will hammer Williams......:\ But do you not think its like a freak show or something ? It isnt proper boxing to me....Im maybe showing my age when thinking back to Norton....Ali....Foreman...Frazier.... Gerry Quarry ( only joking ):lol .....the list is endless. Boxing does nothing for me anymore...used to love the sport,went down to Birmingham a few times to watch world title fights...Seen Don Curry..chisel Jones..classic:ok Boxing didnt seem so corrupt in them days ( or is it my rose coloured specs ? ) I might be getting cynical in my old age....but there doesnt seem to be the passion there was a few year ago. I think a lot of the problems stem from Sky getting most of the coverage...although thats not their fault if no other t.v companys can bid any money....I think the BBC have dropped boxing because of the large amount of cash they have had to shell out for the footie highlights:( Anyway....whinge over......:rolleyes

Guest Paddypunter

Re: Tyson v Williams Thinking about betting an equal amt on Tyson to win in the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds on betfair. All around 5.5. Aggregate return of bout 1.7 on the total stake if he wins before the 4th round. Any thoughts on this? Can Williams survive until the fourth round?

Re: Tyson v Williams If Tyson doesn't take him out in the first 4, Williams will win. He punched himself out against Lewis, and if he does that again Williams has no problems. What people forget is that Williams is extremely talented - he has just frozen on the big stage before. Obviously there is a good chance that this will happen again, but that is also why he should win if he survives the early rounds - he will gain the confidence neccessary. Call me mad or something, but the only time I've ever had the feeling there would be a huge upset was before Lewis vs. Rahman I, and we all know what happened there.

. Yes, but the point is that you don't need to be particularly good to beat Tyson these days, if you can get past the initial onslaught. Lewis showed how to beat Tyson, I'm not saying Williams is that good, but he's good enough to beat an old and tired Tyson. Do I think Williams will make it past 4 rounds? No. If he does, do I think he will win? Yes

Re: Tyson v Williams

If Tyson doesn't take him out in the first 4, Williams will win. He punched himself out against Lewis, and if he does that again Williams has no problems. What people forget is that Williams is extremely talented - he has just frozen on the big stage before. Obviously there is a good chance that this will happen again, but that is also why he should win if he survives the early rounds - he will gain the confidence neccessary. Call me mad or something, but the only time I've ever had the feeling there would be a huge upset was before Lewis vs. Rahman I, and we all know what happened there.
Hate to say I told you so :nana

Tyson v Williams

Mike Tyson has undergone knee surgery after his shock defeat by Danny Williams. The former world heavyweight champ had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee in Phoenix on Monday to repair cartilage damage sustained during the fourth-round knockout loss to the Briton. A Tyson spokesman told ESPN the fighter suffered the damage during round one in Louisville. Fred Sternburg said the damage was more severe than anticipated and the doctor was surprised that Tyson fought after hurting the knee. Sternburg added the doctor estimated Tyson's knee would be 90 percent healed in eight weeks.
Mike Tyson's manager, Shelley Finkel, claims his fighter suffered a serious knee injury in his loss to England's Danny Williams in Louisville. Finkel said an MRI scan showed that Tyson had torn a ligament in his left knee in the opening round. "That's why he couldn't throw the right hand the rest of the fight," Finkel said, adding that Tyson could not walk after the fight. "I was screaming at him to throw it, but he couldn't." Tyson dominated the first round, rocking Williams with shots to the head, before apparently motioning towards his knee and grimacing. Williams then gained control and, in the fourth round, knocked Tyson out with a series of punches that left the former world champion sprawled on the canvas. "In retrospect I wish he had said something and said he couldn't continue," Finkel said. After the fight, Tyson's trainer, Freddie Roach, credited Williams with fighting a good fight, but said Tyson was hampered by the injury. "It's kind of hard to pivot and throw some shots without your left knee," Roach said. "But Danny Williams surprised a lot of us."
Williams did fight well and credit to him, but it looks like there is guaranteed to be a rematch. A rematch that Tyson will certainly be 100% for (after taking Williams for granted) and I believe around 1.50 and I will be having a very big bet on him to floor Williams this time. ;)