PL Heads-up League - Game 1 -IGNORE

billy the punter

Game 1 Jaded vs RIVRD deadlydaveLDN vs GaF Superfoo vs runadrum billy the punter vs voiceofjoe Nade vs gazza Samba Sampa vs Guppie Avon Girl vs Woodie Hoovooloo vs TQD ubermonkey1 vs Starshine ------------------------------------------ $2 HU on PokerStars. Best of two - 3pts for a win, 1pt each for the draw. Home player picks the game* (see original post for list). Games must be played by midnight Sunday. Organise the timing yourselves naturally, just post your scores and what variant of poker it was. Don't forget your entries (see original post). Good luck! :ok *At least 5 of your 17 home games must be a form of hold 'em.

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1 I'd agree with Woodie here - when I was playing a few HU games on Stars yesterday they were filling up rapidly. Woodie, are you able to create tables that remain there, so people can come and go in them - or do you have to create a new one each time?

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1 I was trying out the site the other night to get a feel for the software and I was playing Razz, HORSE and PLO8 - they took a while to fill, over 5 mins every time. And this was prime-time (US) on a Sunday, bout 8pm their time. I don't know how to set up private tables - can anyone do it? If not it means Woodie setting up the whole lot - bit of a pain? If not then great. Or shall we see how this gets on doing things normally. If you name the table, and the exact time you're meeting it may be workable - always give yourselves at least 5/10 minutes after PM'ing. :ok re the fixtures, the engine I used came up with GaF/dave and me vs VoJ - 2 replays of the recent HU games. :eek

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1 I can set them up this end but there not sng's they are tournies but password restricted can choose loads of formats/games etc. I've just set up a test see if it works. needs one more player tournie i.d 199695123 Starts at 2pm. Password - tester

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1

I can set them up this end but there not sng's they are tournies but password restricted can choose loads of formats/games etc. I've just set up a test see if it works. needs one more player tournie i.d 199695123 Starts at 2pm. Password - tester
Finally found it - still getting used to the site. I've joined. Anyone else around to join? Woodie if you can sort this for every game then it would be fantastic - do they offer all the variants though. Is it a pain for you sorting this all the time?

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1 I hate to be awkward (no, really I do), but I'm going to have to withdraw from this. I just don't think I'm going to stay motivated enough to play all these games, especially with the 2m 2k challenge going, where I'm trying to be a bit more selective with the poker I play. Maybe people can have a bye week when they were due to play me.

i take it those on the left are "home"and we arent using an americanised system:unsure hope your horse is up to scratch star:)
:rollin:rollin:rollinI would say you already won the game :rollin:rollin:rollin I never played horse, when I joined it I had the hope ppl will not choose the "exotic" games, well there goes my hope :cry, so please :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy give me a day or two to at least find out what it is

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1 Maybe PGremlin could be invited to take Dave's place as he was interested?

I hate to be awkward (no, really I do), but I'm going to have to withdraw from this. I just don't think I'm going to stay motivated enough to play all these games, especially with the 2m 2k challenge going, where I'm trying to be a bit more selective with the poker I play. Maybe people can have a bye week when they were due to play me.

:rollin:rollin:rollinI would say you already won the game :rollin:rollin:rollin I never played horse' date=' when I joined it I had the hope ppl will not choose the "exotic" games, well there goes my hope :cry, so please :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy give me a day or two to at least find out what it is[/quote'] okay i'll give you a little help:D horse is Holdem,Omaha hilo,Razz,7 card Stud and stud hilo(can be called eight or better hence the E;)) you play one game per level then it goes to the next on the next level and so on. heres a few links that might help http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f62/horse-89848/ http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f62/omaha-hilo-basics-newbies-63968/ http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f62/razz-thread-74074/

I was trying out the site the other night to get a feel for the software and I was playing Razz, HORSE and PLO8 - they took a while to fill, over 5 mins every time. And this was prime-time (US) on a Sunday, bout 8pm their time. I don't know how to set up private tables - can anyone do it? If not it means Woodie setting up the whole lot - bit of a pain? If not then great. Or shall we see how this gets on doing things normally. If you name the table, and the exact time you're meeting it may be workable - always give yourselves at least 5/10 minutes after PM'ing. :ok re the fixtures, the engine I used came up with GaF/dave and me vs VoJ - 2 replays of the recent HU games. :eek
I wrote an Email explaining what we are proposing to Stars and they kindly updated my account - with the below message in ttheir response. I would suggest maybe evereyone drops them a Mail - I'll post my template mail if you wish to copy and insert your username etc. (I've no tried yet to see how eay/difficult it is)
Hello Martyn, Thank you for your email. We are pleased to extend you the ability to post your own regular "private tournaments" to the PokerStars lobby. Your account has been updated so that you may now do so. Tournaments you deploy will have a "standard structure", 1500 starting chips and 15 minute rounds, with the same structure as a sit and go event of the same type. To post a new tournament, log into the PokerStars software and locate the menu for "Private Tournaments" at the bottom of the "Requests" menu. A few points about the creation of events: 1) A password is required, and must be 6 characters or more. The password is case sensitive. The password must not be used in the message or tourney name fields, as it cannot be displayed in the tournament lobby. 2) Stud games may not be Pot Limit or No Limit. 3) We recommend tournaments be deployed several days prior to their start times for best turnout, though we can run events on as little as 60 minutes notice. 4) We advise including the buy-in amount in the name of the event, for clarity. Otherwise, players will have to visit the tournament lobby to locate the buy-in amount. 5) The "Message" field is optional, and what you place here will be displayed in the tourney lobby in the upper right panel. 6) An event can be canceled from the software only if there are no players signed up. Once players have signed up, the event can be cancelled only by a system administrator at PokerStars. Please keep all of the fields free of profanity or inappropriate references. PokerStars reserves the right to remove any event deployed with inappropriate references. Abuse of the feature by deploying inappropriate material may result in the loss of this privilege. PokerStars provides the ability to create private events as a courtesy for our frequent players. These events are not intended to be "open" events, nor to drive traffic from PokerStars to an outside web site. As such, a tournament title or tournament "lobby message" cannot contain a URL or an Email address (such as a location where the password can openly be found). Please note all private events are subject to PokerStars Terms of Service and Tournament rules. Good luck running your private games! We thank you and your group for choosing PokerStars as the home of your private events.

Re: PL Heads-up League - Game 1 I'm just home from a bastard day at work, need a beer :lol:lol:lol:lol Will send entry fee tomorrow evening BTP :ok Nade you about tomorrow evening, time doesnt matter for me (after 2030hrs) but then I'm working nights Fri,Sat and Sun and then fishing Monday to Thursday :\ If it's going to be a major problem then I will pull out if it means things going way over the time scale but would like to play this league if possible :ok

I'm just home from a bastard day at work, need a beer :lol:lol:lol:lol Will send entry fee tomorrow evening BTP :ok Nade you about tomorrow evening, time doesnt matter for me (after 2030hrs) but then I'm working nights Fri,Sat and Sun and then fishing Monday to Thursday :\ If it's going to be a major problem then I will pull out if it means things going way over the time scale but would like to play this league if possible :ok
Tomorrow at 9 is cool give me a PM when you're about :ok