2m 2k

GaF

2 Months to win $2,000 Going to see what a clear goal can do for me. ALL poker that I play will count, across all sites and any rakeback/bonus income - I'll record results here. This will run from 1st October to 30th November. I need to give the format some thought - I dont want to be behind and in the position where I'm chasing - so need some strict rules. If anyone wants to join me, feel free :ok If anyone wants to make suggestions - please go ahead :ok Participants GaF deadlydaveLDN WASP PGremlin VoiceofJoe happy hornet Challenge Structure Start with a fictitious $500 bankroll and set bankroll rules from there. Voluntary Maximum of 10% bankroll can be spent on STTs Voluntary Maximum of 2.5% of bankroll can be spent on MTTs (I can sat through to higher value games) Voluntary Maximum of 5% of bankroll can be used to sit down at a cash table (I must buy in for the maximum) Conversion Rates USD $1 : EUR €0.68 USD $1 : GBP £0.63 f_34ujhvb8xjxm_c81c4a2.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: 2m 2k

I've been thinking for the last few days of a challenge to keep me motivated (the low stakes MTT one inevitably didn 't last), and I think this could be it, especially as at least one other person will be doing it. So if you don't mind, I'll give this a shot too.
I need some focus I'll join you :ok
What are your thoughts on the format of the challenge? Bankrolls/sites/bankroll rules etc.... Obviously it's not going to be strictly enforced or anything - we're not really competing against one another - just tracking together - but good to have structured guidelines from the start I think I put my initial thoughts in post 1.

Re: 2m 2k I'll give this a crack, but as I also have a job to keep down I may falter with the required number of hours needed for this to succeed, my average monthly winnings this year is $448 dollars a month so a 100% + improvement is asking a lot. But I'll give it try and attempt to follow Bankroll management set out. The only exception to my Bankroll rules will be that I'll allow myself 1 visits per month to my regular Friday Evening Live game (Usually £11 Buy-In) - any more than 1 visits per month will require me to follow the % for MTT Rule. (I'll try and record all on HEM, but I still can't get f**kin OnGame hands to Import)

What are your thoughts on the format of the challenge? Bankrolls/sites/bankroll rules etc.... Obviously it's not going to be strictly enforced or anything - we're not really competing against one another - just tracking together - but good to have structured guidelines from the start I think I put my initial thoughts in post 1.
I doubt I will be playing MTT's except for a value one that may spring out at me (or the £35K on ipoker now and then) I couldn't play $25 cash tables I would just get whupped the min I would have to play is $50 but that only gives me 10 buy ins. If I lose the 10 buy ins I will reset the challenge to £2.5K and roll on ;) To initially get my roll up I will put in some volume at $10 STT's or DoN. I will be mainly playing 50$ PLO tables on ipoker and maybe Boss. You can grind more at PLO than NLHE so I would be confident of not going bust. I will only play 3 days a week so I have to average about $80 a session which is tough at these stakes but the kind of focus I am looking for :ok

Better if we start with a $1000 theoretical bankroll?
I'll stick with the $500 Starting Roll, it fits in nicely around my current Buy-In sizes. Starting with $1k and playing at higher limits (especially if your comfortable at them) seems to make it a bit easy. Looking at my current years Stats, the easiest way to make the money is via MTT's - but to enable me to have enough stabs at a decent MTT I intend to play some Turbo STT's, as I've found those a regular - if not overly rewarding $/ph - way of adding to the Bank Balance. My weakest area by a long way is cash tables, so 10NL will probably be the highest I reach on those, but that allows an easy Max Buy-In within the guidlines. The DON are just mind numbing and I can make more on the regular STT's. My overall aim is to keep my Balance high enough to get my into a few decent $11 Tourneys and see how I go from there. With a bit of Luck i'll be able to tackle $20+ Buy-Ins MTT's by November Theres also the Good value Freerolls, and Low Buy-In MTT's out there if you can find them.

Just thinking how I'm going to approach this' date='[/quote'] I've been giving that some thought too - We need $32.78 per day over 61 days - sounds pretty easy put like that :lol :lol My "grind" will probably be $5 or $10 DoNs - but my main profit earner I'm thinking to be MTTs - I'm thinking I need to get organised and focused to be playing all the high (cheap) value added games regularly - VPoints/VC MAT/32Red BTB and the like - games I seldom bother with these days.... I'm not of the opinion that to make $2k over 2 months I need necessarily to play particularly high stakes (by my standards) or anything.

Re: 2m 2k I think all my cash play is going to be on Full Tilt (for the rakeback). All my MTT play will be Stars, as they have a slightly flatter payout structure on there. Also, forgot to say. I'll be sticking to 10% of bankroll for cash games, but only moving down if I lose 20% of the bankroll. So, for example, playing $50NL, I would drop stakes if my roll hit $400. Obviously I hope the bankroll will be moving in the other direction.

Just thinking how I'm going to approach this' date=' I think I'll start off by playing $50NL Heads-Up cash. If I lose my 1st buy in I will be below the bankroll required to play these stakes + will probably look to play some low stakes MTTs[/quote'] Heads up cash with only 2 buyins before you have to move down is a bit risky isn't it? Good luck mate, hope you don't have to worry about that! :ok

- but my main profit earner I'm thinking to be MTTs - I'm thinking I need to get organised and focused to be playing all the high (cheap) value added games regularly - VPoints/VC MAT/32Red BTB and the like -
Can we generate a list of these - I know they publish in the Daily Tourney Summary but a weekly 'Schedule' would be good. Gaf BTW - If Kent qualify for the Tabati Challenge (which seems a possibility) are you counting the distribution from any winnings made there, or will you ignore it for the purpose of this challenge ??