BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1

billy the punter

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1 - ALTERNATES NEEDED

No probs, really Bill :ok I'll definitely have to withdraw though - not missing my birthday jollies for you ;) I have a solution for you if there's no alternates have come forward, and Al's definitely withdrawing too, then obviously Superfoo will advance to Round 1 - and why not let TQD take my slot in the draw? With Al and I out then it turns out there was no need for a prelim anyway :)
works out nicely then,,as i cant make it,,family thing :ok

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1 - ALTERNATES NEEDED

No probs, really Bill :ok I'll definitely have to withdraw though - not missing my birthday jollies for you ;) I have a solution for you if there's no alternates have come forward, and Al's definitely withdrawing too, then obviously Superfoo will advance to Round 1 - and why not let TQD take my slot in the draw? With Al and I out then it turns out there was no need for a prelim anyway :)
Have fun. Yeah that sounds like a plan. That will be the case if no alternates by 7.30pm. :ok

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1 - ALTERNATES NEEDED btw, I thought a good way to ensure that players are registered for the same tournament is to arrange to meet in a high stakes cash game with no players or a sit out. Chat as an observer and open up a new table and synchronise which heads up game to play and register at the same time. Should work 99% of the time I would think :)

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1 I'm afraid it's not looking good for me playing many rounds before Monday. I was hoping to play my round 1 vs Ubermonkey early this evening, but he's not been on PL since I PMed him late yesterday. I'm out the rest of this evening, and from about 6.30-11.00 tomorrow, and I'm away all weekend. I should have thought of this before I said I'd play, but it didn't register that the deadlines would be so tight. I should probably regretfully withdraw. Sorry, guys.

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1 I could play Uber early tomorrow evening. Then, if I win, I'd be available late tomorrow (after about 11.15) to play a round 2 match, but then I'll be pretty much out of contact until around 8pm Sunday. After that I'm around more (out about 6.45-11.15 Monday but free all evenings until Wednesday apart from that). I realize that's not ideal and if it's going to mess up the schedule too much then I'm happy to withdraw. I'll leave it up to Billy.

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1

I could play Uber early tomorrow evening. Then, if I win, I'd be available late tomorrow (after about 11.15) to play a round 2 match, but then I'll be pretty much out of contact until around 8pm Sunday. After that I'm around more (out about 6.45-11.15 Monday but free all evenings until Wednesday apart from that). I realize that's not ideal and if it's going to mess up the schedule too much then I'm happy to withdraw. I'll leave it up to Billy.
Yeah rounds 1 and 2 by late tomorrow night is fine, cross any bridges after that when we come to it. It won't be a problem once the first two rounds are out the way. Leave you two to play early tomorrow. :ok

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1 Update GaF (Telepe) 2-0 deadlydaveLDN (numbskull77) aldric (bigwhopper) 2-0 Superfoo (superfoo) Nade (username?) 1-2 voiceofjoe (v0ice0fj0e) billy the punter (Harold Boom) 2-1 RIVRD (5hortstack) Still to play... Guppie (plstrider) vs TQD (jq206) (Samba Pamba W/D) glceud (fivepenny) vs Woodie (HU4ROLLZ) GeordieGaz (geordiegaz) vs pistonbroke (pistnbust) slapdash (slapdash) vs ubermonkey1 (uberpl) (playing Thurs) I know about slap/ubder but what's happening with the other games fellas. Cheers. :ok

Re: BTP's Heads-Up Knockout - Round 1

could really play a 16 person tournament all in one night with the speed of the blinds!
I'm sure we could persuade one of the Boss sites to set up a private HU MTT tourney for us if we wanted to play it all in one go in the future....