Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Annoying day yesterday but at least one of the outrights are through and I made a positive return on one of the tournament spreads. 3 for today. 3pts New Zealand Highest 1st 15 Overs 6/5 Stan James Anyone with a top 4 of Brendon McCullum, Aaron Redmond, Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor shouldn't be 6/5 in this particular market I don't think. Ok fair do's they'll be up against the young lad Mohammad Aamer who is going to be a superstar in this game but scoring at the other end is perfectly possible, not that it isn't at his end. Shane Bond and Kyle Mills will open up for the Kiwis against 2 quick scorers but 2 who can equally be back in the hutch inside 2 overs. Younus Khan and Shoaib Malik to follow aren't great scorers so with New Zealand's powerpacked top order I'll take them to lead through 15 overs. 5pts Over 6.5 6's 6/5 Blue Square 6's haven't been my friend in this tournament but all the talk is of this wicket being a belting batting strip. With that in mind I expect a barrage of 6's here. The ground is one of the smallest in world cricket. The ball travels further because of the altitude and we've got plenty of big hitters in both sides. 7 6's is nothing as was shown in the NZ vs Sri Lanka game here earlier in the tournament and if the wicket is as they say it is I fully expect double figures in 6's. 1pt ew D.Vettori Top New Zealand Batsman 16/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Daniel Vettori is always a solid option down the order for NZ, especially with their inexperienced batting lineup at the minute. He's likely to bat 7 is they are in trouble and if that's the case we can see him make a knock like Bresnan did yesterday. Vettori is always reliable with the bat and at 16/1 I'll have a small bet in case NZ do get into a spot of bother with the willow.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy I'm already guaranteed a 13pt profit on the final having backed both sides outright and I'm hoping for a solid knock from Hussey to maximise that spread return. Just one for me today. 4pts R.Taylor's Performance Pts 33&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. Ross Taylor has a decent record against Australia and on this batsman friendly wicket I think he can score a few runs today. He's taken a few catches in the tournament as well but it's his runs where I expect this total to be covered so I'll take the overs here.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy No Vettori is massive for NZ. Going for a small spread. 0.5pt BUY P.Siddle's Performance @ 31 Sporting Index Peter Siddle took 3/55 here on Friday against England and he'll be taking the new ball against a Kiwi opening pair who can electrify but equally who can give the bowlers a chance. Pace and bounce are the qualities of this wicket and that's what Siddle deals in. The top 3 can be brilliant or woeful and a couple of wickets provides a solid profit. 3 or more and we're in good profit territory. Catches and runs can provide a brucie bonus so I think this is a nice total to buy at.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Could be a decent game now this.....6/2 :eek Well done to the ICC as well, a final at 12.30pm GMT on a Monday where all of Europe and Asia is at work and all of Australia and New Zealand is going to bed. You couldnt make it up.