Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Good day all round. Cracking result on the wides Pie. 3 main bets came in for me. 2 for the early game tomorrow. 4pts Over 14.5 Wides 5/6 William Hill Wides have been a feature of this tournament. The new ball is hard to control in the early starts and the JoBurg wicket has plenty of bounce so there is the potential for a few height wides. When Malinga's radar is out he can churn up wides in multiples of 5's. New Zealand have a couple of bowlers who's radar isn't always straight. It's effectively a quarter final so bowlers could be straining every sinue. 15 wides isn't too many. Overs for me. 4pts New Zealand Most 6's Evs Blue Square Sri Lanka have hit just 4 6's in their 2 matches so far while New Zealand have hit that many in 1. New Zealand have the more aggressive batting line up in terms of depth of hitters and generally look to hit bigger throughout their matches. Unlike Jayasuriya goes bonkers then I see New Zealand hitting more 6's than Sri Lanka in this game. Will come back with any bets for the England game later. It may be another game for post-toss bets.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Bank 200 Now 161 Bookies are still undercooking the wides. Last two games at Jo'burg have been: 9 x 16 multi MU 151 21 x 11 231 So billhills 14.5 that Kev has grabbed above has been passed in just one innings in both games. Can't let this wides stuff go until bookies catch up. 1st Game 1pt BUY multi-wides @ 65. 2nd Game SA should win easily but got tonked on the spreads going against England last game. For the moment I'll just take one batsman/one bowler as MoM interest. 5pts MoM de Villiers @ 14/1 5pts MoM Van der Merwe @ 16/1

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy One quick pre match bet. It's the same as this morning. 5pts Over 14.5 Wides 5/6 William Hill England were disgracefully inaccurate with the ball against Sri Lanka. Covering this line and then some. No Prior to stop potential 5 wides. Dew factor will make the ball hard to grip in the 2nd innings allowing plenty of wide long hops. Neither side all that disciplined with Albie Morkel just as bad as any Englishman. 15 wides looks a gimme. Bigger bet than the 1st game.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy 2 post toss bets. Not backing England now. Not sure I understand Strauss' decision to bat. I suppose SA go out with a defeat but even so. Good ground for them this. 1pt ew E.Morgan Top England Batsman 15/2 Coral (1/5 1,2,3) Eoin Morgan is starting to look the part for England now. I was worried about him originally but a move up to 5 is perfect. Knows Shah well so hopefully sorts out his running problem. Morgan plays spin well which will be key here. Top scored at JoBurg the other night playing a no danger innings. Would've liked us to be batting 2nd but this is still a big price with conditions to suit. 1pt BUY R.van der Merve's Performance Pts @ 38 I quite like this line. We didn't play him very well in the world twenty20 and this wicket has turned a lot in this tournament so far. Canny lower order batsman too who may get a decent chance batting with a potential collapse under lights. Can field as well. 2 wickets looks possible on the wicket so a buy at 38 looks a solid play.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Time for an in-running bet. 2pts BUY England Runs @ 318 Sporting Index 16 overs to go. 125 needed. Morkel likely to bowl a few. Ridiculously short boundary one side. Plenty of batting to come. Pitch perfect. Powerplay to come as well. Pakistan hit 135 off last 15 yesterday. We *should* be going closer to 350. Big buy for me at 318.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Will settle up totals tonight. Will keep spread and fixed odds totals different. Disappointed to make only 10pts on the England runs spread. At least our 1st run out appeared, albeit fortunately. Don't think we've got enough though. 4pts South Africa to beat England 7/4 Stan James England have put up 323 in their innings in this important clash. However I'm not sure that's enough. If South Africa don't get affected by scoreboard pressure and they bat sensibly I expect them to chase this down. Gibbs is in for Amla to strengthen the batting and it's a long batting lineup with either Botha or Parnell coming in at 10. There's no demons in the wicket and a very short boundary measuring just 58m. Dew factor could well impede England's bowlers which was my original concern with Strauss choosing to bat. We should've made 20-25 more than we did but for the excellent death bowling of Parnell. England have no Parnell at the end which could also be crucial and as long as South Africa use their heads, they should win this game.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Must win for the Indians.

4pts G.Gambhir (-0.5 runs) to beat S.Watson 5/6 Ladbrokes

Gautam Gambhir played a good knock on Saturday against Pakistan, racing India off to a quick start against the waywardness of Pakistan’s seam attack. Australia are no less erratic with the ball but I think Gautam Gambhir is one of the better opening batsmen around the international scene at the minute. Shane Watson is struggling currently and while he should enjoy the pace and bounce of this wicket, his form isn’t great. He only scored 73 runs in the last 5 matches of the ODI series with England and got done with a Yorker 1

st ball against the West Indies at the weekend. Watson comes into this match on a hat trick of ducks. He’s better than that though but even then I think Gambhir is better still and I’ll have him to beat Watson in a must win match for the Indians.

3pts Y.Pathan’s Performance Pts 30&Over 5/6 Bet365

Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket.

I took Yusuf Pathan’s performance the other day and he covered it with a wicket, a catch and 5 runs. For some reason on a pitch more worn than Saturday, his total has gone down! I’m happy to take it. Graeme Swann got a couple to rip yesterday in the 2

nd innings and with this match on the same wicket that England played on last night. So I expect a few to turn so Pathan could easily cover this with the ball but it’s a very low total for someone to cover with bat and ball so I’m on the over 30 here.

1pt ew C.White Top Australian Batsman 8/1 Coral (1/5 1,2,3)

Conditions look good for a Cameron White cameo here. He plays spin well and there is a ridiculously short boundary one side for his big hitting to exploit. Batting at 6, he should get in and if India can find a way of getting through Ponting, Hussey and Ferguson relatively cheaply then White can profit with the top score. He’s more than capable of playing the Morgan innings if you like to come in and nail a place late on if that’s the way the innings goes. He could score very quickly and still pinch top spot so at 8/1 I’m on White here. And a couple of spreads...

1pt BUY Multi 6’s @ 21 Sporting Index

There needs to be a match to constitute a market here but assuming we get 20 overs of the 2

nd innings I think we’ll have seen a few 6’s in that time. England hit 12 here yesterday to emphasise how short that boundary is towards the scoreboard. These 2 sides pack some real big hitters in their ranks and I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team batting 1st notching up close to double figures or even going into double figures. A shortened run chase should mean bigger hits which should lead to more clearing the rope and a nice profit from this spread.

1pt BUY M.Johnson’s Performance @ 48 Sporting Index

Same scoring system as for Pathan’s performance. Johnson could go silly on these boundaries if India get him into bat but with the pace and bounce in the wicket he’ll be tough to face with the ball. Bowling at the death sometimes buys us a free wicket but he’ll bowl in the opening powerplay at some point too. Has a fierce yorker and if he gets it reversing he can give the Indians lots of problems. He bowled well in South Africa when Australia toured earlier in the year and that’s enough to buy this total in the hope he’s shoved up the order and grabs a few with the bat to put the icing on the cake.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Stereoman, This is Bettingzone's only recommended punt on this game. But having said both sides are struggling, there might just be a way to try and profit and that's by going high on the match wides. extrabet pitch the total wides at over/under 14.5 and that looks low on a track that has seen bat dominate ball thus far. Looked an obvious play from early on. But, to paraphrase, these things can bite you in the bum.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Bank 200 Now 55 Dire. Big losses betting against England on the spreads. England v NZ This will be tight, with Kiwis to sneak it on D/L. Chance of rain later. 1.2pts BUY Guptill performance @ 38 5pts Guptill Mom @ 14 Guptill is the 'forgotten man' in the Kiwi line-up. Has played 16 ODIs and has an average of 46 at a strike rate of 83. Even in limited exposure those are decent figures (both edge Ponting). Last game against the Lankans his perf mu was 88. Bats 3, or may open if incoming Redmond is too jet-lagged via Hong Kong to play a part, and expect good things. Oi! Keep quiet at the back. That man saying Pie is now really clutching at straws.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Bit late but a few for me today. 4pts England Highest 1st 15 Overs Evs Skybet England have been going nicely at the top of the order and more importantly we've been taking wickets with the new ball which slows any run rate down. New Zealand are going to have a makeshift opening partnership today be it Redmond that opens with McCullum or the more likely Guptill. Either way they'll be facing an on fire Jimmy Anderson and possibly the economical Ryan Sidebottom who could be given a run out. Shane Bond and Kyle Mills have been ridiculously expensive in this tournament thus far and Strauss, Denly and Shah can take advantage of that. England have gone well so far and I see no reason it can't continue today so I'll take England to win the 15 over match. 5pts J.Franklin's Performance Pts 40&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 20pts per wicket. James Franklin is a very solid all rounder. In tests he bats at 6 and can come in here at 7 or 8 and hit the ball cleanly to the boundary. He also bowls tight left arm in swing to the right handers which often picks up wickets. He arrived at this tournament off the back of a solid county season for Gloucestershire where he faced most of this England side so he'll know what is required to go well here. For any all rounder who bowls consistently, a target of 40pts is low and that's very much the case here so I'm on the overs on Franklin's performance. 1pt E.Morgan Man of the Match 16/1 Bet365 Eoin Morgan is capable of quick scoring cameos like the one he played at Centurion the other night but he can also play solid innings too. Coming in at number 5 he has a real opportunity in this England side to score big runs should those above him fail but also he can push a total up to and beyond 300 with his quick scoring. We could have the added possibility of him keeping wicket again today and I thought he did that well on Sunday so maybe a game changing piece of skill via the gloves could assist too. On run scoring ability alone Morgan is a big price so I'll have a small dabble. 1 spread too. 1pt BUY J.Denly's performance @ 38 Sporting Index Joe Denly looks extremely assured at the crease and is walking down the pitch when he's in which I always think is the sign not only of a confident player but a quality one too. However he's been guilty in his short England career of getting himself out. He'll know he needs to sort that out and erase it from his game because with the competition for spots in the side getting bigger he needs a couple of really big scores to consolidate his place. Shane Bond is the toughest bowler he'll face here but he's not been in much form so far. I can see Denly getting 38 and more runs but he can always chip in with catches as he often fields in key areas and is one of England's better fielders. 38's a low enough total for me to get involved.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Couple of bets for me in the early game. 6pts 7 or more 6's 5/4 Sportingbet Centurion is a small ground. 2 high scoring, big hitting sides on show. Both have bowlers who can be expensive, both can bowl short which is fatal here. Afridi could cover this sort of a total on his own if the old Afridi comes out. But there's plenty more on show apart from him and this line isn't terribly high for a day game. 4pts S.Afridi's Performance Pts 45&Over 5/6 Bet365 Normal points scoring system. Afridi can contribute with bat and ball and even in the field. These boundaries are pretty small by his standards and I don't see clearing them being a problem. His leg spin should grip here assuming that the rain of the other night hasn't hampered the pitch too much. I don't think it will have done. If anything it could've made it even stickier so Afridi can reach this total easily enough. And a spread. 1pt SELL S.Watson's Performance @ 58 Sporting Index Shane Watson had a decent series against Pakistan in Dubai but these conditions are different to those and he's yet to score a run in this tournament and this will be his 3rd knock. He's in no form whatsoever with the bat and his record with the ball against Pakistan isn't great at all. He could well be the 5th seamer in this match so bowling plenty of overs doesn't look likely. Even if he does, Pakistan have the personnel to tame him. He could go mental with the bat but there doesn't look like there's signs of that happening. A low score and no wickets wouldn't surprise me at all so I'm selling this total at a very high 58.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Bank 200 Now 68 Aus v Paks 5pts Ponting MoM @ 8-1 Australia far more motivated and likely to win and, when they do, the skipper is usually a big part of it. India v Windies 8pts Windies win on handicap (+4.5/+75.5) @ 3/4 India haven't played here yet. Windies both games have been on this ground. India will be going for the thumping win but could easily get demotivated if Aus are going well at Centurion. Windies have held their heads up in both games and kept losing margin respectable. Too many ifs and buts to risk a spread sell on the margin, but fixed odds is worth a go.

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy Turgid, cynical innings by Pakistan. Younis Khan at 3 hitting 18 off 49 balls. Pathetic Sky comms. "Bob, surely they should be taking the batting powerplay now?" Blah.. blah reply. Ignoring the elephant in the commentary box. Not a mention of: "Why would they? The last thing they want to do is win this one."

Re: Cricket: ICC Champions Trophy A couple for today. 5pts A.Strauss (-0.5runs) to beat S.Watson 5/6 Ladbrokes I've said all tournament about Shane Watson's lack of form and it hasn't shown many signs of improving. England are bowling well at the top of the innings now bar for a McCullum onslaught on Tuesday and I think we can mop him up quite quickly. Andrew Strauss hasn't got the scores I expected from him in this series but his 1st two innings he was out to wonder catches. That sort of bad luck won't continue and in a big game the captain generally bats very well. If England are to be competitive in this match we'll need Strauss to get a few but however many he gets I expect him to outscore Shane Watson here. 4pts T.Paine's Performance Pts 44&Over 5/6 Bet365 Points are scored as follows: 1pt per run, 10pts per catch & 25pts per stumping. Tim Paine has done well since he came into International cricket. We had the wood on him early doors but he broke free and has done well. He hasn't set the world alight in this tournament but he looks very much at home in the conditions and this is a total he could easily cover with the bat. While it's folly to rely on Paine to get catches in ODI's, it's certainly not beyond the realms that he'll contribute points with the gloves but on what is a tired deck and a slow one, I think Paine could easily cover this total with the bat so I'll take the overs here.