Idea..

Had a look at the 3.40 at Yarmouth today and Sairaam won, a horse that was dropped down to 7f from 1m2f. Now i look out for horses that are being dropped in trip often for some reason, and to be honest was close to betting on Sairaam today. So, i've noticed things like this happening on a few occasions so might test out a system on this. I think it will work best in the lower grades where perhaps trainers dont know the horses ideal trip yet. Was thinking of it being dropped down at least 2 furlongs, in grade 6/seller company. Could be a stupid idea but will give it a go anyway, any thoughts?

Re: Idea.. Looking for horses that are trying new distances is a good area to look into imo. A lot of blinkered punters ignore a horse if it doesn't have a "D" next to his name, but just because a horse has never won over a trip before does not mean it will not act over it in future. There is a section in the stats pages of the Racing Post that details horses trying a trip for a first time, if that helps, although I rarely by the paper myself.

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.