Doncaster - Sat 12th Sept

fintron

1.55 Doncaster Rio Vitesse is trained by Rod Millman and although his operation is clearly not on the same scale as Godolphin or Ballydoyle, who send out four of the seven runners here, his colt deserves his place in the line up off the back of a decent second to John Ryan's Silver Grecian in the Group 2 Superlative Stakes at Newmarket in July. Silver Grecian is 5/1 for this and despite the fact only a length seperated Rio Vitesse back in the second that day, the Millman runner is as big as 40/1 for this. He probably needs a pace to chase to be effective, but with O'Brien saddling up three, there is a chance he may get just that. 40/1 Stan James, 0.25 pt EW. 2.25 Doncaster - Portland H'Cap I played in this ante-post last week....

Twenty four runners line up for this handicap and my reading of the race is that it will pay to be drawn low. In such a big field I have decided on four main picks at combined odds of approximately 10/3 for the quartet, with two saver selections to try recover my stake if the main bets flop. Group Therapy is second highest rated for this race, rated 103, and is 5 lbs higher than when winning at Ascot during the Shergar Cup. He disappointed at Beverley last time out but is open to more improvement with Neil Callan a strong booking. Ishetoo will benefit from Frederik Tylicki's 3 lb claim and is only 1 lb higher than when winning a decent sprint at York earlier in the season. He wasn't disgraced behind the favourite here, Markab, in a recent race at Ripon. Cheveton is hit and miss but won at Haydock last time out and even off this revised mark is only 1 lb lower than when successful at Southwell in March. Sea of Leaves is a former John Gosden runner now with Jim Goldie. A return to more patient tactics could see him improve here, and he is only 4 lb higher than when beaten by a neck by Bounty Box at Newmarket recently. Johannes keeps on pulling wins out of the bag and was typically eighth, sandwiched inbetween three wins, the one time I backed him. However, I want him on my side today as a saver, and the same with Pavershooz, another who the handicapper may be starting to get a handle on but is in good form and ran on well when winning at Ayr last time out. Cheveton - 14/1 Bet 365, 0.88 pt win Sea of Leaves - 25/1 Bet 365, 0.5 pt win Ishetoo - 25/1 bet 365, 0.5 pt win Group Therapy - 28/1 Bet 365, 0.45 pt win Johannes (saver) - 10/1 Bet 365, 0.3 pt win Pavershooz (saver) - 8/1 Bet 365, 0.38 pts win
Two of my main picks are non-runners which is a bummer. Not sure if the bets were struck on NRNB terms but I doubt it. 3.00 Doncaster Father Time - write up in St Leger thread. 14/1 and 12/1 EW prices taken. 4.05 Doncaster Manassas won over course and distance in the pretigious Spring Mile at the start of the season and although has failed to follow up since, has often been dealt unfavourable draws in large fields. The return to a smaller field here will help the Cape Cross gelding who is only 4 lbs higher than his last win. 12/1 SJ, 0.5 pts EW. 5.15 Doncaster Precision Break was raced prominently in the Ebor but after losing his place 8f out, struggled inside the final half mile. However, he drops back into a smaller field, and his tactical versatility, together with the fact Kieren Fallon is booked, can ensure Paul Cole's colt gains compensation today. He ran a cracker at Goodwood when second to Manyriverstocross in July and although 3 lbs higher he hasn't had much racing this term and is capable of landing this. 3/1 Bet 365, 1 pt win.

Re: Doncaster - Sat 12th Sept 14.25 Doncaster With two non runners 22 still left in for this Heritage Handicap 4 have caught the eye in Northern Dare, Santo Padre, Oldjoesaid and Everymanforhimself. All four have been drawn middle to high were I think the pace could be coming from. Northern Dare is more than capable at this weights runnning 2nd in the stewards sprint off 1lb lower than this then 3rd at Sandown off 1lb higher but would prefer a bit off cut in the ground but his Sandown 3rd was on fast. Santo Padre has been raised 11lb for back to back wins but only runs have come on heavy irish going so doesnt look like he'll handle here. Oldjoesaid has been tumbleing in the weights all season running in some valuble handicaps and on best form could take this. Everymanforhimself will have to improve to win off a career high mark but the going should be in his favor. Gonna discount the irish horse on the ground so;- Northern Dare E/W 25/1 @ stan james Oldjoesaid E/W 14/1 paddy power Everymanforhiself E/W 20/1 hills

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.